Anticipated information releases reflected in call option prices
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 1 (1979)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Diavatopoulos, Dean & Doran, James S. & Fodor, Andy & Peterson, David R., 2012. "The information content of implied skewness and kurtosis changes prior to earnings announcements for stock and option returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 786-802.
- Dušan Isakov & Christophe Pérignon, 2000.
"Evolution of Market Uncertainty around Earnings Announcements,"
FAME Research Paper Series
rp15, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Isakov, Dusan & Perignon, Christophe, 2001. "Evolution of market uncertainty around earnings announcements," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1769-1788, September.
- Isakov, D. & Perignon, C., 1999. "Evolution of Market Uncertainty around Earnings Announcements," Papers 99.12, Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales, Universite de Geneve-.
- Baik, Bok & Kang, Hyoung-Goo & Kim, Young Jun, 2013. "Volatility arbitrage around earnings announcements: Evidence from the Korean equity linked warrants market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 109-130.
- Asthana, Sharad C. & Mishra, Birendra K., 2001. "The differential information hypothesis, firm size, and earnings information transfer: An empirical investigation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 37-47, July.
- Ho, Li-Chin Jennifer & Hassell, John M. & Swidler, Steve, 1995. "An empirical examination of the dispersion and accuracy of analyst forecasts surrounding option listing," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 171-185.
- Broughton, John B. & Chance, Don M. & Smith, David M., 1995. "The impact of equity option expirations on the prices of non-expiring options," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 109-123.
- Rogers, Jonathan L. & Skinner, Douglas J. & Van Buskirk, Andrew, 2009. "Earnings guidance and market uncertainty," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 90-109, October.
- Balasingham Balachandran, 2003. "UK interim and final dividend reductions: a note on price reaction," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(4), pages 379-390.
- Butler, J. S. & Schachter, Barry, 1996. "The statistical properties of parameters inferred from the black-scholes formula," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 223-235.
- Geppert, Gero & Kamerschen, David R., 2008. "The effect of mergers on implied volatility of equity options," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 330-344.
- Andreas Zingg & Sebastian Lang & Daniela Wyttenbach, 2007. "Insider Trading in the Swiss Stock Market," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 143(III), pages 331-362, September.
- Donders, Monique W. M. & Vorst, Ton C. F., 1996. "The impact of firm specific news on implied volatilities," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(9), pages 1447-1461, November.
- Richard K. Lyons, 1986.
"Tests of the foreign exchange risk premium using the expected second moments implied by option pricing,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
290, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lyons, Richard K., 1988. "Tests of the foreign exchange risk premium using the expected second moments implied by option pricing," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 91-108, March.
- Cohen, Daniel A. & Dey, Aiyesha & Lys, Thomas Z. & Sunder, Shyam V., 2007. "Earnings announcement premia and the limits to arbitrage," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2-3), pages 153-180, July.
- Olga Isengildina-Massa & Scott H. Irwin & Darrel L. Good & Jennifer K. Gomez, 2008. "Impact of WASDE reports on implied volatility in corn and soybean markets," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(4), pages 473-490.
- Claudio Loderer & Marc-André Mittermayer, 2006. "America and the Swiss Stock Exchange: An Intraday Analysis," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 142(I), pages 79-114, March.
- Truong, Cameron & Corrado, Charles & Chen, Yangyang, 2012. "The options market response to accounting earnings announcements," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 423-450.
- Swidler, Steve & Wilcox, James A., 2002. "Information about bank risk in options prices," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1033-1057, May.
- Ncube, Mthuli, 1996. "Modelling implied volatility with OLS and panel data models," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 71-84, January.
- Siegel, Phyllis A. & Brockner, Joel, 2005. "Individual and organizational consequences of CEO claimed handicapping: What's good for the CEO may not be so good for the firm," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 1-22, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.