Lack of timeliness and noise as explanations for the low contemporaneuos return-earnings association
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 18 (1994)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Takashi Obinata, 2008. "Net Income vs. Comprehensive Income -A Reexamination of Attributes, Relevance, and Price Informativeness-," CARF J-Series CARF-J-053, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Denis Cormier & Michel Magnan & Bernard Morard, 2000. "The contractual and value relevance of reported earnings in a dividend-focused environment," European Accounting Review, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 387-417.
- Mohamed Sellami, 2006. "Typologie des déterminants comptables de la valeur : Apports de l'approche économique de l'information dans la mesure de la valeur," Post-Print halshs-00558252, HAL.
- Philippe Desbrières & Alain Schatt, 2002.
"The Impacts of LBOs on the Performance of Acquired Firms:the French Case,"
Working Papers FARGO
1020702, Université de Bourgogne - Leg (laboratoire d'économie et de gestion)/Fargo (Research center in Finance,organizational ARchitecture and GOvernance).
- Phillippe Desbrières & Alain Schatt, 2002. "The Impacts of LBOs on the Performance of Acquired Firms: The French Case," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(5&6), pages 695-729.
- Olli Castrén & Trevor Fitzpatrick & Matthias Sydow, 2006. "What drives EU banks’ stock returns? Bank-level evidence using the dynamic dividend-discount model," Working Paper Series 677, European Central Bank.
- Kabir, M.R., 1997. "The Usefulness of the Most Widely Reported Dutch Financial Statement Numbers to Stock Market Investors," Discussion Paper 1997-58, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Brent Ambrose & Xun Bian, 2010. "Stock Market Information and REIT Earnings Management," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 32(1), pages 101-138.
- Peter Hecht & Tuomo Vuolteenaho, 2005. "Explaining Returns with Cash-Flow Proxies," NBER Working Papers 11169, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Neringa Jarmalaite Pritchard, 2002. "The Relationship between Accounting Numbers and Returns in the Baltic Stock Markets," CERT Discussion Papers 0206, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- James Linck & Thomas Lopez & Lynn Rees, 2007. "The valuation consequences of voluntary accounting changes," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 327-352, May.
- Pascal Dumontier & Real Labelle, 1998. "Accounting earnings and firm valuation: the French case," European Accounting Review, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 163-183.
- Roshayani Arshad & Rohaya Md Nor & Nur Adura Ahmad Noruddin, 2011. "Ownership Structure And Interaction Effects Of Firm Performance On Management Commentary Disclosures," Journal of Global Management, Global Research Agency, vol. 2(2), pages 124-145, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.