Lack of timeliness and noise as explanations for the low contemporaneuos return-earnings association
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 18 (1994)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Denis Cormier & Michel Magnan & Bernard Morard, 2000. "The contractual and value relevance of reported earnings in a dividend-focused environment," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 387-417.
- Brent Ambrose & Xun Bian, 2010. "Stock Market Information and REIT Earnings Management," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 32(1), pages 101-138.
- Peter Hecht & Tuomo Vuolteenaho, 2005. "Explaining Returns with Cash-Flow Proxies," NBER Working Papers 11169, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takashi Obinata, 2008. "Net Income vs. Comprehensive Income -A Reexamination of Attributes, Relevance, and Price Informativeness-," CARF J-Series CARF-J-053, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Kabir, M.R., 1997. "The Usefulness of the Most Widely Reported Dutch Financial Statement Numbers to Stock Market Investors," Discussion Paper 1997-58, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- James Linck & Thomas Lopez & Lynn Rees, 2007. "The valuation consequences of voluntary accounting changes," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 327-352, May.
- Neringa Jarmalaite Pritchard, 2002. "The Relationship between Accounting Numbers and Returns in the Baltic Stock Markets," CERT Discussion Papers 0206, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Carl Chiarella & S. Gao, 2002. "Solving the Price-Earnings Puzzle," Working Paper Series 116, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Mohamed Sellami, 2006. "Typologie des déterminants comptables de la valeur : Apports de l'approche économique de l'information dans la mesure de la valeur," Post-Print halshs-00558252, HAL.
- Roshayani Arshad & Rohaya Md Nor & Nur Adura Ahmad Noruddin, 2011. "Ownership Structure And Interaction Effects Of Firm Performance On Management Commentary Disclosures," Journal of Global Management, Global Research Agency, vol. 2(2), pages 124-145, July.
- Hannu, Schadewitz, 1997. "Financial and nonfinancial information in interim reports: Determinants and implications," MPRA Paper 44292, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Phillippe Desbrières & Alain Schatt, 2002.
"The Impacts of LBOs on the Performance of Acquired Firms: The French Case,"
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(5&6), pages 695-729.
- Philippe Desbrières & Alain Schatt, 2002. "The Impacts of LBOs on the Performance of Acquired Firms:the French Case," Working Papers FARGO 1020702, Université de Bourgogne - Crego EA 7317/Fargo (Research center in Finance,organizational ARchitecture and GOvernance).
- Maffett, Mark, 2012. "Financial reporting opacity and informed trading by international institutional investors," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 201-220.
- Hou, Kewei & van Dijk, Mathijs A. & Zhang, Yinglei, 2010.
"The Implied Cost of Capital: A New Approach,"
Working Paper Series
2010-4, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Pascal Dumontier & Real Labelle, 1998. "Accounting earnings and firm valuation: the French case," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 163-183.
- Castrén, Olli & Fitzpatrick, Trevor & Sydow, Matthias, 2006. "What drives EU banks’ stock returns? Bank-level evidence using the dynamic dividend-discount model," Working Paper Series 0677, European Central Bank.
- Watanabe, Akiko & Xu, Yan & Yao, Tong & Yu, Tong, 2013. "The asset growth effect: Insights from international equity markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 529-563.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.