Do analysts' earnings forecasts incorporate information in prior stock price changes?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 14 (1991)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chetan, Dave, 2004. "Are Investment Expectations Rational?," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2004208e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Lucy F. Ackert & Bryan K. Church & Ping Zhang, 1999. "The effect of forecast bias on market behavior: evidence from experimental asset markets," Working Paper 99-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Julio Segura, 2004. "Competencia, disciplina de mercado y regulación en presencia de conflictos de interés en las empresas," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 169(2), pages 135-170, June.
- KENT D. DANIEL & David Hirshleifer & AVANIDHAR SUBRAHMANYAM, 2004. "A Theory of Overconfidence, Self-Attribution, and Security Market Under- and Over-reactions," Finance 0412006, EconWPA.
- So, Eric C., 2013. "A new approach to predicting analyst forecast errors: Do investors overweight analyst forecasts?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(3), pages 615-640.
- Alexander Ljungqvist & Felicia Marston & William J. Wilhelm, 2006.
"Competing for Securities Underwriting Mandates: Banking Relationships and Analyst Recommendations,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 61(1), pages 301-340, 02.
- Ljungqvist, Alexander P & Marston, Felicia & Wilhelm Jr, William J, 2003. "Competing for Securities Underwriting Mandates: Banking Relationships and Analyst Recommendations," CEPR Discussion Papers 4162, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sandip Dhole & Sagarika Mishra & Ananda M Pal, . "Further Evidence on the Importance of Analysts’ Cash Flow Forecasts," Financial Econometics Series 2013_01, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Ramnath, Sundaresh & Rock, Steve & Shane, Philip, 2005. "Value Line and I/B/E/S earnings forecasts," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 185-198.
- Konchitchki, Yaniv, 2013. "Accounting and the Macroeconomy: The Case of Aggregate Price-Level Effects on Individual Stocks," MPRA Paper 52934, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Loffler, Gunter, 1998. "Biases in analyst forecasts: cognitive, strategic or second-best?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 261-275, June.
- Ahmed, Anwer S. & Nainar, S.M. Khalid & Zhang, X. Frank, 2006. "Further evidence on analyst and investor misweighting of prior period cash flows and accruals," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 51-74.
- François Dossou & Sandrine Lardic & Karine Michalon, 2008.
"Can earnings forecasts be improved by taking into account the forecast bias?,"
- Sandrine LARDIC & Karine MICHALON & François DOSSOU, 2008. "Can earnings forecasts be improved by taking into account the forecast bias?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 7(11), pages 1-20.
- Benslimane, Sonia, 2008. "Les facteurs explicatifs de la sous-performance des IPO à long terme : une synthèse théorique," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5010, Paris Dauphine University.
- Hollander, S., 2007. "The Merits and Economic Consequences of Reputation: Three Essays," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-303571, Tilburg University.
- Frankel, Richard & Lee, Charles M. C., 1998. "Accounting valuation, market expectation, and cross-sectional stock returns," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 283-319, June.
- Lin, Wen-Chun & Chang, Shao-Chi & Chen, Sheng-Syan & Liao, Tsai-Ling, 2013. "The over-optimism of financial analysts and the long-run performance of firms following private placements of equity," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 82-92.
- Johnston, Rick & Leone, Andrew J. & Ramnath, Sundaresh & Yang, Ya-wen, 2012. "14-Week quarters," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 271-289.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.