A direct test of the cognitive bias theory of share price reversals
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 13 (1990)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Louis K. C. Chan & Narasimhan Jegadeesh & Josef Lakonishok, 1995. "Momentum Strategies," NBER Working Papers 5375, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marco Aiolfi & Marius Rodriguez & Allan Timmermann, 2010.
"Understanding Analysts' Earnings Expectations: Biases, Nonlinearities, and Predictability,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 8(3), pages 305-334, Summer.
- Aiolfi, Marco & Rodriguez, Marius & Timmermann, Allan G, 2010. "Understanding Analysts' Earnings Expectations: Biases, Nonlinearities and Predictability," CEPR Discussion Papers 7656, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rotheli, Tobias F., 2005. "The illusion of over-optimism in survey data: the case of manufacturers' selling prices," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 151-159, March.
- Kim, Yongtae & Lobo, Gerald J. & Song, Minsup, 2011. "Analyst characteristics, timing of forecast revisions, and analyst forecasting ability," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 2158-2168, August.
- Abarbanell, Jeffery & Lehavy, Reuven, 2003. "Biased forecasts or biased earnings? The role of reported earnings in explaining apparent bias and over/underreaction in analysts' earnings forecasts," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-3), pages 105-146, December.
- Mikhail, Michael B. & Walther, Beverly R. & Willis, Richard H., 2003. "The effect of experience on security analyst underreaction," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 101-116, April.
- Ivkovic, Zoran & Jegadeesh, Narasimhan, 2004. "The timing and value of forecast and recommendation revisions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 433-463, September.
- Cohen, Daniel A. & Lys, Thomas Z., 2003. "A note on analysts' earnings forecast errors distribution," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-3), pages 147-164, December.
- Yu, Susana & Lord, Richard A. & Webb, Gwendolyn, 2010. "The hot-growth companies: How well do analysts predict their performance?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 195-219, May.
- Chaney, Paul K. & Hogan, Chris E. & Jeter, Debra C., 1999. "The effect of reporting restructuring charges on analysts' forecast revisions and errors," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 261-284, July.
- Huijgen, Carel & Plantinga, Auke, 1999. "Analysts' earnings forecasts and international asset allocation," Research Report 99E38, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Basyah, Mohammad & Hartigan, James C., 2007. "Analyst earnings forecast revisions and the persistence of antidumping relief," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 383-399.
- Eric S. Fung & Kin Lam & Tak-Kuen Siu & Wing-Keung Wong, 2011. "A Pseudo-Bayesian Model for Stock Returns In Financial Crises," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(1), pages 43-73, December.
- Friesen, Geoffrey & Weller, Paul A., 2006. "Quantifying cognitive biases in analyst earnings forecasts," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 333-365, November.
- Kothari, S. P., 2001. "Capital markets research in accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 105-231, September.
- Chen, An-Sing & Hong, Bi-Shia, 2006. "Institutional ownership changes and returns around analysts' earnings forecast release events: Evidence from Taiwan," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 2471-2488, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.