Full backward non-homogeneous semi-Markov processes for disability insurance models: A Catalunya real data application
AbstractIn this paper a stochastic model for disability insurance contracts is presented. The model is based on a discrete time non-homogeneous semi-Markov process to which the backward recurrence time process is joined. This permits us to study in a more complete way the disability evolution and to face the duration problem in a more effective way. The model is applied to a sample of contracts drawn at random from a mutual insurance company.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Insurance: Mathematics and Economics.
Volume (Year): 45 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554
Multi state model Duration model;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Catalina Bolancé & Ramon Alemany & Montserrat Guillén, 2010.
"Prediction of the economic cost of individual long-term care in the Spanish population,"
XREAP2010-08, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Sep 2010.
- Catalina Bolancé & Ramon Alemany & Montserrat Guillén, 2010. "Prediction of the economic cost of individual long-term care in the Spanish population," IREA Working Papers 201011, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Sep 2010.
- Maegebier, Alexander, 2013. "Valuation and risk assessment of disability insurance using a discrete time trivariate Markov renewal reward process," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 802-811.
- Guglielmo D’Amico & Montserrat Guillen & Raimondo Manca, 2012. "Discrete time Non-homogeneous Semi-Markov Processes applied to Models for Disability Insurance," Working Papers XREAP2012-05, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Mar 2012.
- D’Amico, Guglielmo & Petroni, Filippo & Prattico, Flavio, 2013. "First and second order semi-Markov chains for wind speed modeling," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(5), pages 1194-1201.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.