Mergers, takeovers, and economic efficiency : Foresight vs. hindsight
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 7 (1989)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McGuckin, Robert H. & Nguyen, Sang V., 2001.
"The impact of ownership changes: a view from labor markets,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 739-762, April.
- Robert H McGuckin & Sang V Nguyen, 2000. "The Impact of Ownership Changes: A View from Labor Markets," Working Papers 00-02, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Ghosal Vivek, 2011.
"The Law and Economics of Enhancing Cartel Enforcement: Using Information From Non-Cartel Investigations to Prosecute Cartels,"
Review of Law & Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 501-538, December.
- Vivek Ghosal, 2011. "The Law and Economics of Enhancing Cartel Enforcement: Using Information from Non-Cartel Investigations to Prosecute Cartels," CESifo Working Paper Series 3506, CESifo Group Munich.
- Misund, Bård & Asche, Frank & Osmundsen, Petter, 2008. "Industry upheaval and valuation: Empirical evidence from the international oil and gas industry," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 398-424, December.
- Haynes, Michelle & Thompson, Steve, 1999. "The productivity effects of bank mergers: Evidence from the UK building societies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 825-846, May.
- Fligstein, Neil & Shin, Taek-Jin, 2007. "Shareholder Value and the Transformation of American Industries, 1984-2001," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt4r16k6j6, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Luigi Benfratello, 1999. "Beyond Profitability: Effects Of Acquisitions On Technical Efficiency And Productivity In The Italian Pasta Industry," CERIS Working Paper 199914, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO).
- Tomaso Duso & Klaus Gugler & Burcin Yurtoglu, 2006.
"Is the Event Study Methodology Useful for Merger Analysis? A Comparison of Stock Market and Accounting Data,"
CIG Working Papers
SP II 2006-19, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Duso, Tomaso & Gugler, Klaus & Yurtoglu, Burcin, 2010. "Is the event study methodology useful for merger analysis? A comparison of stock market and accounting data," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 186-192, June.
- Duso, Tomaso & Gugler, Klaus & Yurtoglu, Burcin B., 2006. "Is the Event Study Methodology Useful for Merger Analysis? A Comparison of Stock Market and Accounting Data," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 163, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Fridolfsson, Sven-Olof & Stennek, Johan, 2005. "Hold-up of anti-competitive mergers," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(9-10), pages 753-775, December.
- Higson, Chris & Elliott, Jamie, 1998. "Post-takeover returns: The UK evidence," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 27-46, January.
- Bernad, Cristina & Fuentelsaz, Lucio & Gómez, Jaime, 2010. "The effect of mergers and acquisitions on productivity: An empirical application to Spanish banking," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 283-293, October.
- Fligstein, Neil & Shin, Taek-Jin, 2005. "Shareholder Value and Changes in American Industries, 1984-2000," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt82j7915n, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.