Measuring transparency and disclosure at firm-level in emerging markets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Emerging Markets Review.
Volume (Year): 3 (2002)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620356
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chinmay Pattnaik & James Chang & Hyun Shin, 2013. "Business groups and corporate transparency in emerging markets: Empirical evidence from India," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 987-1004, December.
- Ortas, Eduardo & Moneva, José M. & Salvador, Manuel, 2012. "Does socially responsible investment equity indexes in emerging markets pay off? Evidence from Brazil," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 581-597.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica & Tressel, Thierry, 2006.
"Banking on the principles : compliance with Basel Core Principles and bank soundness,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3954, The World Bank.
- Demirgüç-Kunt, AslI & Detragiache, Enrica & Tressel, Thierry, 2008. "Banking on the principles: Compliance with Basel Core Principles and bank soundness," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 511-542, October.
- Rene M. Stulz & Craig Doidge & Andrew Karolyi, 2004.
"Why Do Countries Matter So Much for Corporate Governance?,"
NBER Working Papers
10726, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Doidge, Craig & Andrew Karolyi, G. & Stulz, Rene M., 2007. "Why do countries matter so much for corporate governance?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 1-39, October.
- Doidge, Craig & Karolyi, G. Andrew & Stulz, Rene M., 2004. "Why Do Countries Matter So Much for Corporate Governance?," Working Paper Series 2004-16, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Dong, Minyue & Stettler, Alfred, 2011. "Estimating firm-level and country-level effects in cross-sectional analyses: An application of hierarchical modeling in corporate disclosure studies," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 271-303, September.
- Kearney, Colm, 2012. "Emerging markets research: Trends, issues and future directions," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 159-183.
- Andreas Heinrich & Aleksandra Lis & Heiko Pleines, 2007. "Factors Influencing Corporate Governance in post-Socialist Companies: an Analytical Framework," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp896, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Bailey, Warren & Andrew Karolyi, G. & Salva, Carolina, 2006.
"The economic consequences of increased disclosure: Evidence from international cross-listings,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 175-213, July.
- Bailey, Warren & Karolyi, G. Andrew & Salva, Carolina, 2004. "The Economic Consequences of Increased Disclosure:Evidence from International Cross-Listings," Working Paper Series 2004-7, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Coen, Alain & Desfleurs, Aurelie & L'Her, Jean-Francois & Suret, Jean-Marc, 2005. "Another look at factors explaining quality of financial analysts' forecasts: Evidence from the Asian emerging markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 414-434, October.
- Collins G. Ntim & Kwaku K. Opong & Jo Danbolt & Dennis A. Thomas, 2012. "Voluntary corporate governance disclosures by post-Apartheid South African corporations," Journal of Applied Accounting Research, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 13(2), pages 122-144.
- Hassan, Omaima A.G. & Romilly, Peter & Giorgioni, Gianluigi & Power, David, 2009. "The value relevance of disclosure: Evidence from the emerging capital market of Egypt," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 79-102, March.
- Van Geyt, Debby & Van Cauwenberge, Philippe & Vander Bauwhede, Heidi, 2014. "Does high-quality corporate communication reduce insider trading profitability?," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 1-14.
- Balasubramanian, N. & Black, Bernard S. & Khanna, Vikramaditya, 2010. "The relation between firm-level corporate governance and market value: A case study of India," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 319-340, December.
- Enrica Detragiache & Thierry Tressel & Asli DemirgÃ¼Ã§-Kunt, 2006. "Bankingon the Principles," IMF Working Papers 06/242, International Monetary Fund.
- Evrensel, Ayse Y. & Kutan, Ali M., 2007. "IMF-related announcements and stock market returns: Evidence from financial and non-financial sectors in Indonesia, Korea, and Thailand," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 80-104, January.
- Coen, Alain & Desfleurs, Aurelie, 2004. "The evolution of financial analysts' forecasts on Asian emerging markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(4-5), pages 335-352.
- Garay, Urbi & González, Maximiliano & Guzmán, Alexander & Trujillo, María Andrea, 2013. "Internet-based corporate disclosure and market value: Evidence from Latin America," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 150-168.
- Omaima Hassan & Claire Marston, 2010. "Disclosure measurement in the empirical accounting literature - a review article," Accountancy Discussion Papers 1004, Accountancy Research Group, Heriot Watt University.
- Black, Bernard S. & de Carvalho, Antonio Gledson & Gorga, Érica, 2010. "Corporate governance in Brazil," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 21-38, March.
- Iatridis, George Emmanuel, 2012. "Audit quality in common-law and code-law emerging markets: Evidence on earnings conservatism, agency costs and cost of equity," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 101-117.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.