Inequalities in health : Some international comparisons
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 31 (1987)
Issue (Month): 1-2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer
You can help add them by filling out this form.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- A comment on health inequality
by Chris Sampson in The Academic Health Economists' Blog on 2013-03-26 14:26:08
- Paul Allanson & Dennis Petrie, 2012.
"Understanding the vertical equity judgements underpinning health inequality measures,"
Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics
264, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Allanson, Paul & Petrie, Dennis, 2012. "Understanding the vertical equity judgements underpinning health inequality measures," SIRE Discussion Papers 2012-06, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Saloua Sehili & Elamin H. Elbasha & David G. Moriarty & Matthew M. Zack, 2005. "Inequalities in self-reported physical health in the United States, 1993-1999," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 377-389.
- Herrera, Santiago & Pang, Gaobo, 2005. "Efficiency of public spending in developing countries : an efficiency frontier approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3645, The World Bank.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2002.
"Inequality aversion, health inequalities, and health achievement,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2765, The World Bank.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2002. "Inequality aversion, health inequalities and health achievement," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 627-641, July.
- Tilman Tacke & Robert J. Waldmann, 2009. "Income Distribution, Infant Mortality, and Health Care Expenditure," CEIS Research Paper 146, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 30 Sep 2009.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2002. "Inequalities in health in developing countries - swimming against the tide?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2795, The World Bank.
- FLEURBAEY, Marc & SCHOKKAERT, Erik, 2011. "Equity in health and health care," CORE Discussion Papers 2011026, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Marta Pascual & David Cantarero & Jose Maria Sarabia, 2004. "Trends in income inequality in the European Union: implications for health inequalities," ERSA conference papers ersa04p304, European Regional Science Association.
- Ruth F.G. Williams & D.P. Doessel & Jerneja Sveticic, 2012. "Are there Regional Disparities in Suicide Rates? Quantifying Suicide Rates? Quantifying Suicide Distributions for Queensland, 1990-2007," Working Papers 2012.02, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Santiago Herrera & Gaobo Pang, 2006. "How Efficient is Public Spending in Education?," ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE.
- David E. Sahn & Stephen D. Younger, 2006. "Changes in inequality and poverty in Latin America: Looking beyond income to health and education," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 215-234, November.
- David Sahn, 2009. "Weights on the rise: where and for whom?," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 351-370, December.
- David Cantarero & Marta Pascual & Jose Maria Sarabia, 2004. "Can income inequality contribute to understand inequalities in health? An empirical approach based on the European Community Household Panel," ERSA conference papers ersa04p230, European Regional Science Association.
- Kenya Valeria Micaela de Souza Noronha & Mônica Viegas Andrade, 2002. "Desigualdades sociais em saúde: evidências empíricas sobre o caso brasileiro," Textos para DiscussÃ£o Cedeplar-UFMG td171, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Adam Wagstaff & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2004. "Overall versus socioeconomic health inequality: a measurement framework and two empirical illustrations," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 297-301.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2008095 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pradhan, Menno & Sahn, David E. & Younger, Stephen D., 2003.
"Decomposing world health inequality,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 271-293, March.
- Steven G. Prus & Robert L. Brown, 2008. "Age-specific Income Inequality and Life Expectancy: New Evidence," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 229, McMaster University.
- Nicole Laframboise & Tea Trumbic, 2003. "The Effects of Fiscal Policies on the Economic Development of Women in the Middle East and North Africa," IMF Working Papers 03/244, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.