Measuring occupational segregation : Summary statistics and the impact of classification errors and aggregation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 61 (1994)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ricardo Mora & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2003.
"Additively Decomposable Segregation Indexes. The Case of Gender Segregation by Occupations and Human Capital Levels in Spain,"
Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 147-179, August.
- Ricardo Mora & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2003. "Additively Decomposable Segregation Indexes. The Case Of Gender Segregation By Occupations And Human Capital Levels In Spain," Economics Working Papers we031503, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Mora, Ricardo & San Juan, Carlos, 2004. "Geographical specialisation in Spanish agriculture before and after integration in the European Union," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 309-320, May.
- Ricardo Mora & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2003. "Gender Segregation: From Birth To Occupation," Economics Working Papers we033612, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Ricardo Mora & Javier Ruiz-Castillo & Neus Herranz, 2005.
"An algorithm to reduce the occupational space in gender segregation studies,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(1), pages 25-37.
- Neus Herranza & Ricardo Mora & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2003. "An Algorithm To Reduce The Occupational Space In Gender Segregation Studies," Economics Working Papers we031402, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- David Wong & Shih-Lung Shaw, 2011. "Measuring segregation: an activity space approach," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 127-145, June.
- Margareta Kreimer, 1995. "Arbeitsmarktsegregation nach dem Geschlecht in Österreich," Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft - WuG, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik, vol. 21(4), pages 579-608.
- Thomas DeLeire & Helen Levy, 2001.
"Gender, Occupation Choice and the Risk of Death at Work,"
0122, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Thomas DeLeire & Helen Levy, 2001. "Gender, Occupation Choice and the Risk of Death at Work," NBER Working Papers 8574, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ricardo Mora & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2003. "An Evaluation Of An Entropy Based Index Of Segregation," Economics Working Papers we034014, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Ricardo Mora & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2005. "The Axiomatic Properties Of An Entropy Based Index Of Segregation," Economics Working Papers we056231, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Velling, Johannes, 1995. "Wage discrimination and occupational segregation of foreign male workers in Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 95-04, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Ricardo Mora & Carlos San-Juan, 2001. "Regional And Farm Specialisation In Spanish Agriculture Before And After Integration In The European Union," Economics Working Papers we010401, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Ruthanne Deutsch & Andrew Morrison & Claudia Piras & Hugo R. Ñopo, 2002. "Working Within Confines: Occupational Segregation by Gender in Three Latin American Countries," IDB Publications 52858, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Martin Watts, 1998. "Occupational gender segregation: Index measureiient and econometric modeling," Demography, Springer, vol. 35(4), pages 489-496, November.
- Stefan M. Golder, 1999. "The Labor Market Performance of First-Generation Immigrants: Evidence for Switzerland," Kiel Working Papers 951, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Ricardo Mora & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2003.
"Gender Segregation By Occupation In The Public And The Private Sector. The Case Of Spain,"
Economics Working Papers
we031604, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Ricardo Mora & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2004. "Gender segregation by occupations in the public and the private sector.The case of Spain," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 28(3), pages 399-428, September.
- SILBER Jacques, 2012. "Measuring Segregation: Basic Concepts and Extensions to Other Domains," CEPS/INSTEAD Working Paper Series 2012-20, CEPS/INSTEAD.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.