On the relationship between income inequality measures and social welfare functions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 43 (1990)
Issue (Month): 1-2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grün, Carola & Klasen, Stephan, 2000.
"Growth, Income Distribution, And well-Being In Transition Countries,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
26, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Carola Grün & Stephan Klasen, 2001. "Growth, income distribution and well-being in transition countries," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 9(2), pages 359-394, July.
- Dagum, Camilo, 2001. "Desigualdad del rédito y bienestar social, descomposición, distancia direccional y distancia métrica entre distribuciones," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 17, pages 5-52, Abril.
- Pundarik Mukhopadhaya, 2001. "A Generalised Social Welfare Function and its Disaggregation by Components of Income: The Method and Application," Departmental Working Papers wp0121, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Camacho Cuena, Eva & Neugebauer, Tibor & Seidl, Christian, 2004. "Leaky bucket Paradoxes in income inequality perceptions : an experimental investigation," Economics Working Papers 2004,04, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Camacho Cuena, Eva & Neugebauer, Tibor & Seidl, Christian, 2005. "Compensating justice beats leaky buckets : an experimental investigation," Economics Working Papers 2005,06, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Ramses H. ABUL NAGA, 2001.
"Social Welfare Orderings: A Life-Cycle Perspective,"
Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du DÃ©partement d'EconomÃ©trie et d'Economie politique (DEEP)
01.12, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Ramses H. Abul Naga, 2005. "Social Welfare Orderings: A Life-Cycle Perspective," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 72(3), pages 497-514, 08.
- Udo Ebert, 2007. "Ethical inequality measures and the redistribution of income when needs differ," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 263-278, December.
- Wan, Guanghua, 2002. "Income Inequality and Growth in Transition Economies: Are Nonlinear Models Needed?," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Prieto Alaiz, M. & Pena Trapero, B., 2000. "Repercusiones de la ocultación de renta sobre la medición de la desigualdad," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 14, pages 153-172, Abril.
- Wan, Guang Hua, 2001. "Changes in regional inequality in rural China: decomposing the Gini index by income sources," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 45(3), September.
- Pundarik Mukhopadhaya, 2001. "A Generalized Social Welfare Function, its Decomposition and Application," Departmental Working Papers wp0119, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Pundarik Mukhopadhaya, 2001. "Efficiency Criteria and the Sen-type Social Welfare Function," Departmental Working Papers wp0114, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Gruen, Carola & Klasen, Stephan, 2012. "Has transition improved well-being?," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 11-30.
- Yoram Amiel & Frank A Cowell, 1997. "Inequality, Welfare and Monotonicity," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 29, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Wan, Guanghua, 2002. "Regression-based Inequality Decomposition: Pitfalls and a Solution Procedure," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- de la Vega, Casilda Lasso & Seidl, Christian, 2007.
"The Impossibility of a Just Pigouvian,"
Economics Working Papers
2007,10, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Zheng, Buhong, 2000. "Minimum Distribution-Sensitivity, Poverty Aversion, and Poverty Orderings," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 116-137, November.
- Carola Grün & Stephan Klasen, 2003. "Growth, Income Distribution, and Well-Being: Comparisons across Space and Time," CESifo Working Paper Series 837, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.