Rejoinder to a remark on Lin and Chang's paper ‘Consistent modeling of S&P 500 and VIX derivatives’
AbstractWe appreciate the thorough review and very useful comments of Cheng, Ibraimi, Leippold, and Zhang. The suggestions have helped significantly to improve our original approximation formula and lead us to provide an exact solution under the Lin and Chang (2010) framework and we thank the editor to give us an illustration chance. This rejoinder has two parts. The first presents a VIX option pricing formula in the stochastic volatility (SV) model. The numerical results using the authors' framework and notations are illustrated, too. The second is to explain our approximate formula in Lin and Chang (2010) and points out the limitation and calibrating technique of the approximation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control.
Volume (Year): 36 (2012)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc
VIX options; Stochastic volatility; Characteristic functions;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-43.
- Song‐Ping Zhu & Guang‐Hua Lian, 2012. "An analytical formula for VIX futures and its applications," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(2), pages 166-190, 02.
- George J. Jiang & Yisong S. Tian, 2005. "The Model-Free Implied Volatility and Its Information Content," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(4), pages 1305-1342.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.