The household responsibility system reform and the adoption of hybrid rice in China
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 36 (1991)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Damianos, Dimitrios & Skuras, Dimitrios, 1996. "Unconventional adjustment strategies for rural households in the less developed areas in Greece," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 61-72, September.
- Spielman, David J. & Kolady, Deepthi Elizabeth & Ward, Patrick & Ar-Rashid, Harun & Gulati, Kajal, 2012. "Public expenditures, private incentives, and technology adoption: The economics of hybrid rice in South Asia," IFPRI discussion papers 1233, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kanbur, Ravi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2001.
"Fifty Years of Regional Inequality in China: A Journey through Revolution, Reform and Openness,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2887, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2001. "Fifty Years Of Regional Inequality In China: A Journey Through Revolution, Reform And Openness," Working Papers 7236, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Janaiah, Aldas & Hossain, Mahabub & Casiwan, C.B. & Ut, T.T., 2002. "Hybrid Rice Technology For Food Security In The Tropics: Can The Chinese Miracle Be Replicated In The Southeast Asia?," Miscellaneous Papers 11835, Agecon Search.
- Li, Jiming & Xin, Yeyun & Yuan, Longping, 2009. "Hybrid rice technology development: Ensuring China's food security," IFPRI discussion papers 918, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bruce, John W. & Li, Zongmin, 2009. "“Crossing the river while feeling the rocks”: Incremental land reform and its impact on rural welfare in China," IFPRI discussion papers 926, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Xu, Xiaosong & Jeffrey, Scott R., 1998. "Efficiency and technical progress in traditional and modern agriculture: evidence from rice production in China," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 157-165, March.
- Yifu Lin, Justin, 1999. "Technological change and agricultural household income distribution: theory and evidence from China," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 43(2).
- Deininger, Klaus, 1995. "Collective agricultural production: A solution for transition economies?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1317-1334, August.
- Dimara, Efthalia & Skuras, Dimitrios, 1998. "Adoption of new tobacco varieties in Greece: Impacts of empirical findings on policy design," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 297-307, December.
- Liu, Yunhua & Wang, Xiaobing, 2005. "Technological progress and Chinese agricultural growth in the 1990s," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 419-440.
- Justin Yifu Lin, 1990. "Education and Innovation Adoption in Agriculture: Evidence from Hybrid Rice in China," UCLA Economics Working Papers 603, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Zhang, Xiaobo & Mount, Tim D. & Boisvert, Richard N., 2000.
"Industrialization, urbanization, and land use in China:,"
EPTD discussion papers
58, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Xiaobo Zhang & Timothy Mount & Richard Boisvert, 2004. "Industrialization, urbanization and land use in China," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 207-224.
- Azad, Md Abdus Samad & Mustafi, B.A.A. & Hossain, Mahabub, 2008. "Hybrid Rice: Economic Assessment of a Promising Technology for Sustainable Food Grain Production in Bangladesh," 2008 Conference (52nd), February 5-8, 2008, Canberra, Australia 5987, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Rozelle, Scott & Huang, Jikun, 2000. "Transition, development and the supply of wheat in China," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 44(4), December.
- Meng, Erika C.H. & Smale, Melinda & Rozelle, Scott & Ruifa, Hu & Huang, Jikun, 1999. "The Cost Of Wheat Diversity In China," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21580, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Yifu Lin, Justin, 1997. "Institutional reforms and dynamics of agricultural growth in China," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 201-212, June.
- Justin Yifu Lin & Fan Zhang, 1999. "The Effects of China’s Rural Policies on the Sustainability of Agriculture in China," EEPSEA Special and Technical Paper sp199901t3, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Jan 1999.
- van Tongeren, Frank W. & Huang, Jikun, 2004. "China'S Food Economy In The Early 21st Century; Development Of China'S Food Economy And Its Impact On Global Trade And On The Eu," Report Series 29093, Agricultural Economics Research Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.