Exports and growth : Critical minimum effort and diminishing returns
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 30 (1989)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ann Harrison & Andrés Rodríguez-Clare, 2009.
"Trade, Foreign Investment, and Industrial Policy for Developing Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
15261, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harrison, Ann & Rodríguez-Clare, Andrés, 2010. "Trade, Foreign Investment, and Industrial Policy for Developing Countries," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- Awokuse, Titus O. & Christopoulos, Dimitris K., 2009. "Nonlinear dynamics and the exports-output growth nexus," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 184-190, January.
- Chang, Roberto & Kaltani, Linda & Loayza, Norman, 2005.
"Openness can be good for growth : the role of policy complementarities,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3763, The World Bank.
- Chang, Roberto & Kaltani, Linda & Loayza, Norman V., 2009. "Openness can be good for growth: The role of policy complementarities," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 33-49, September.
- Roberto Chang & Linda Kaltani & Norman Loayza, 2005. "Openness can be good for Growth: The Role of Policy Complementarities," DEGIT Conference Papers c010_021, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Roberto Chang & Linda Kaltani & Norman Loayza, 2005. "Openness Can be Good for Growth: The Role of Policy Complementarities," NBER Working Papers 11787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roberto Chang, & Linda Kaltani & Norman Loayza, 2006. "Openness Can be Good for Growth: The Role of Policy Complementarities," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 373, Central Bank of Chile.
- Balaguer, Jacint & Cantavella-Jorda, Manuel, 2004. "Export composition and Spanish economic growth: evidence from the 20th century," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 165-179, February.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 2000. "Estimating the Effect of Currency Unions on Trade and Output," NBER Working Papers 7857, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Neil Foster, 2006. "Exports, growth and threshold effects in Africa," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(6), pages 1056-1074.
- Klaus WÃ¤lde & Christina Wood, 2004.
"The empirics of trade and growth: where are the policy recommendations?,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 275-292, January.
- Wälde, Klaus & Wood, Christina, 2000. "The empirics of trade and growth: Where are the policy recommendations?," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 09/00, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Klaus W�lde & Christina Wood, 2004. "The empirics of trade and growth: where are the policy recommendations?," European Economy - Economic Papers 204, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Klaus, WAELDE & Christina, WOOD, 2004. "The Empirics of Trade and Growth : Where are the Policy Recommendations ?," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2004013, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Abdullahi Ahmed & Enjiang Cheng & George Messinis, 2011. "The role of exports, FDI and imports in development: evidence from Sub-Saharan African countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(26), pages 3719-3731.
- João Paulo Martin Faleiros & Denisard Cnéio de Oliveira Alves, 2008. "Modelo de Crescimento Baseado nas Exportações: Evidências empíricas para Chile, Brasil e México, em uma perspectiva Não Linear," Anais do XXXVI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 36th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 200807170923500, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Abhijit Sharma & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2003. "An Analysis of Exports and Growth in India: Some Empirical Evidence (1971-2001)," Working Papers 2003004, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2003.
- Cooray, Arusha & Paradiso, Antonio & Truglia, Francesco Giovanni, 2013. "Do countries belonging to the same region suggest the same growth enhancing variables? Evidence from selected South Asian countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 772-779.
- Alexander, W. Robert J. & Hansen, Paul & Owen, P. Dorian, 1996. "Inference on productivity differentials in multi-sector models of economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 315-325, December.
- Diaz-Bautista, Alejandro, 2002. "The role of telecommunications infrastructure and human capital: Mexico´s economic growth and convergence," ERSA conference papers ersa02p102, European Regional Science Association.
- Jong Park & Penelope Prime, 1997. "Export performance and growth in China: a cross-provincial analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(10), pages 1353-1363.
- Qazi Masood Ahmed & Mohammad Sabihuddin Butt & Shaista Alam, 2000. "Economic Growth, Export, and External Debt Causality: The Case of Asian Countries," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 39(4), pages 591-608.
- Yong Glasure & Aie-Rie Lee, 1999. "The export-led growth hypothesis: The role of the exchange rate, money, and government expenditure from Korea," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 27(3), pages 260-272, September.
- Onafowora, Olugbenga A. & Owoye, Oluwole, 1998. "Can Trade Liberalization Stimulate Economic Growth in Africa?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 497-506, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.