Outward investment by Chinese MNCs: Motivations and implications
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Business Horizons.
Volume (Year): 47 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/bushor
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tolentino, Paz Estrella, 2008. "The determinants of the outward foreign direct investment of China and India: Whither the home country?," UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series 049, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- Rui, Huaichuan & Yip, George S., 2008. "Foreign acquisitions by Chinese firms: A strategic intent perspective," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 213-226, March.
- Bonaglia, Federico & Goldstein, Andrea & Mathews, John, 2006.
"Accelerated Internationalisation by Emerging Multinationals: the Case of White Goods Sector,"
1485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Federico BONAGLIA & Andrea GOLDSTEIN & John MATHEWS, 2006. "Accelerated Internationalisation by Emerging Multinationals: the Case of White Goods Sector," Working Papers 270, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash & Singh, Neelam, 2010. "Group Affiliation and Location of Indian Firms’ Foreign Acquisitions," MPRA Paper 24018, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:emp:wpaper:ec8-127-i is not listed on IDEAS
- Bonaglia, Federico & Goldstein, Andrea & Mathews, John A., 2007. "Accelerated internationalization by emerging markets' multinationals: The case of the white goods sector," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 369-383, December.
- Knoerich, Jan, 2010. "Gaining from the global ambitions of emerging economy enterprises: An analysis of the decision to sell a German firm to a Chinese acquirer," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 177-191, June.
- Andrea Goldstein & Fazia Pusterla, 2008. "Emerging Economies’ Multinationals: General Features and Specificities of the Brazilian and Chinese Cases," KITeS Working Papers 223, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Oct 2008.
- Tolentino, Paz Estrella, 2008. "The determinants of the outward foreign direct investment of China and India: Whither the home country?," MERIT Working Papers 049, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Gloria Ge & Daniel Ding, 2008. "A strategic analysis of surging Chinese manufacturers: The case of Galanz," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 667-683, December.
- Tolentino, Paz Estrella, 2010. "Home country macroeconomic factors and outward FDI of China and India," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 102-120, June.
- Nicholas Lardy, 2010. "Comment on "China's Outward Foreign Direct Investment"," NBER Chapters, in: China's Growing Role in World Trade, pages 578-580 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deng, Ping, 2009. "Why do Chinese firms tend to acquire strategic assets in international expansion?," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 74-84, January.
- Deng, Ping, 2007. "Investing for strategic resources and its rationale: The case of outward FDI from Chinese companies," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 71-81.
- Kelley, Dennis & Coner, Joshua Klatte & Lyles, Marjorie A., 2013. "Chinese foreign direct investment in the United States: Location choice determinants and strategic implications for the State of Indiana," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 443-451.
- Cantner, Uwe & Günther, Jutta & Hassan, Sohaib Shahzad & Jindra, Björn, 2013. "Outward FDI from Central and East European Transition Economies – A discrete choice analysis of location within the EU," MPRA Paper 51804, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Aug 2013.
- Lin Cui & Fuming Jiang, 2010. "Behind ownership decision of Chinese outward FDI: Resources and institutions," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 751-774, December.
- Kotabe, Masaaki & Jiang, Crystal Xiangwen & Murray, Janet Y., 2011. "Managerial ties, knowledge acquisition, realized absorptive capacity and new product market performance of emerging multinational companies: A case of China," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 166-176, April.
- Tzeng, Cheng-Hua, 2008. "Developing high-technology latecomer firms to compete internationally: A three-sector growth model," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 190-206, June.
- Cantner, Uwe & Günther, Jutta & Hassan, Sohaib Shahzad & Jindra, Björn, 2013. "Outward FDI from the Central and Eastern European Transition Economies – A Discrete Choice Analysis of Location Choice within the European Union," MPRA Paper 51817, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Jun 2013.
- Diego Quer & Enrique Claver & Laura Rienda, 2012. "Political risk, cultural distance, and outward foreign direct investment: Empirical evidence from large Chinese firms," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 1089-1104, December.
- Agata Antkiewicz & John Whalley, 2006. "Recent Chinese Buyout Activity and the Implications for Global Architecture," NBER Working Papers 12072, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christian Milelli & Françoise Hay, 2008. "Chinese and Indian firms’ entry into Europe: characteristics, impacts and policy implications," EconomiX Working Papers 2008-35, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.