The late nineteenth-century revolution in financial reporting: Accounting for the rise of investor or managerial capitalism?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 18 (1993)
Issue (Month): 7-8 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Suzuki, Tomo, 2007. "Accountics: Impacts of internationally standardized accounting on the Japanese socio-economy," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 263-301, April.
- Marta Macias, 2002. "Ownership structure and accountability: the case of the privatization of the Spanish tobacco monopoly, 1887-96," Accounting History Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 317-345.
- J S Toms, .
"The Rise of Modern Accounting and the Fall of the Public Company: The Lancashire Cotton Mills, 1870-1914,"
SMF Discussion Paper Series
9801, University of Nottingham, School of Management & Finance.
- Toms, J. S., 2002. "The rise of modern accounting and the fall of the public company: the Lancashire cotton mills 1870-1914," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 27(1-2), pages 61-84.
- Toms, J.S., 2010.
"Calculating profit: A historical perspective on the development of capitalism,"
Accounting, Organizations and Society,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 205-221, February.
- Toms, Steven, 2008. "Calculating Profit: A Historical Perspective on the Development of Capitalism," The York Management School Working Papers 41, The York Management School, University of York.
- Arnold, Patricia J., 2009. "Global financial crisis: The challenge to accounting research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(6-7), pages 803-809, August.
- Claude Bocqueraz, 2001. "The development of professional associations: the experience of French accountants from the 1880s to the 1940s," Accounting History Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 7-27.
- Napier, Christopher J., 1998. "Intersections of law and accountancy: Unlimited auditor liability in the United Kingdom," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 105-128, January.
- Bryer, R. A., 2005. "A Marxist accounting history of the British industrial revolution: a review of evidence and suggestions for research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 25-65, January.
- Napier, Christopher J., 2006. "Accounts of change: 30 years of historical accounting research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(4-5), pages 445-507.
- Macintosh, Norman B. & Shearer, Teri & Thornton, Daniel B. & Welker, Michael, 2000. "Accounting as simulacrum and hyperreality: perspectives on income and capital," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 13-50, January.
- Bryer, R. A., 2000. "The history of accounting and the transition to capitalism in England. Part one: theory," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 131-162, February.
- Toms, Steven, 2005. "Financial control, managerial control and accountability: evidence from the British Cotton Industry, 1700-2000," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(7-8), pages 627-653.
- Marcia Annisette & Marta Macias, 2002. "The Bank of the State and the state of the Bank: Annual Accounts of the Banco de Espana, 1872-94," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 357-376.
- Puxty, Anthony G., 1997. "Accounting Choice And A Theory Of Crisis: The Cases Of Post-Privatization British Telecom And British Gas," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 713-735, October.
- Pierre Labardin, 2006. "Autour du mot comptabilité," Working Papers 2006-2, Laboratoire Orléanais de Gestion - université d'Orléans.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.