Accountancy and the gendered division of labour: A review essay
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 17 (1992)
Issue (Month): 3-4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philip Constable & Nooch Kuasirikun, 2007. "Accounting for the nation-state in mid nineteenth-century Thailand," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(4), pages 574-619, June.
- Claire Dambrin & Caroline Lambert, 2006. "Le Plafond De Verre Dans Les Cabinets D'Audit – Questions Theoriques Et Methodologiques," Post-Print halshs-00548047, HAL.
- Claire Dambrin & Caroline Lambert, 2006. "Le Plafond De Verre Dans Les Cabinets D'Audit Questions Theoriques Et Methodologiques," Post-Print halshs-00558352, HAL.
- Dambrin, Claire & Lambert, Caroline, 2007. "Motherhood: The key to the glass ceiling ? the case of the big four in France," Les Cahiers de Recherche 862, HEC Paris.
- Cooper, Christine & Taylor, Phil, 2000. "From Taylorism to Ms Taylor: the transformation of the accounting craft," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 555-578, August.
- Alnoor Bhimani, 1998. "Knowledge, motivation and accounting form: an historical exploration," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 1-30.
- Lambert, Caroline & Dambrin, Claire, 2006. "La question du genre en comptabilité : analyses théoriques et méthodologiques," Les Cahiers de Recherche 843, HEC Paris.
- Ricardo Lopes Cardoso & Octavio Ribeiro Mendonça Neto & José Carlos Oyadomari, 2010. "International competence and knowledge studies and attitudes of the Brazilian Management accountant: analyses and reflections," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 7(3), pages 87-107, September.
- Haynes, Kathryn, 2008. "(Re)figuring accounting and maternal bodies: The gendered embodiment of accounting professionals," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(4-5), pages 328-348.
- Barker, Patricia C. & Monks, Kathy, 1998. "Irish women accountants and career progression: a research note," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 813-823, November.
- Naoko Komori, 2008. "Towards the feminization of accounting practice: Lessons from the experiences of Japanese women in the accounting profession," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(4), pages 507-538, May.
- Claire Dambrin & Caroline Lambert, 2008. "Mothering or auditing? The case of two Big Four in France," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(4), pages 474-506, May.
- Stephen P. Walker, 2008. "Accounting histories of women: beyond recovery?," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(4), pages 580-610, May.
- Ioana Lupu (ioan), 2011. "Approved routes and alternative paths: the construction of women's rarity in large accounting firms. Evidence from the Big Four France," Working Papers halshs-00626044, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.