Governing by numbers: Figuring out democracy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 16 (1991)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
You can help add them by filling out this form.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- The Real and the Financial: Baseline Scenario Updated
by Dan Hirschman in A (Budding) Sociologist's Commonplace Book on 2009-04-09 21:13:00
- Graham, Cameron, 2010. "Accounting and the construction of the retired person," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 23-46, January.
- Preston, Alistair M. & Chua, Wai-Fong & Neu, Dean, 1997. "The Diagnosis-Related Group-Prospective Payment System and the problem of the government of rationing health care to the elderly," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 147-164, February.
- Vollmer, Hendrik, 2007. "How to do more with numbers: Elementary stakes, framing, keying, and the three-dimensional character of numerical signs," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 577-600, August.
- Napier, Christopher J., 2006. "Accounts of change: 30 years of historical accounting research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(4-5), pages 445-507.
- Concha Alvarez-Dardet Espejo & Juan Banos Sanchez-Matamoros & Francisco Carrasco Fenech, 2002. "Accounting and control in the founding of the New Settlements of Sierra Morena and Andalucia, 1767-72," European Accounting Review, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 419-439.
- Neu, Dean & Ocampo Gomez, Elizabeth & Graham, Cameron & Heincke, Monica, 2006. ""Informing" technologies and the World Bank," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 635-662, October.
- Spence, Crawford, 2010. "Accounting for the dissolution of a nation state: Scotland and the Treaty of Union," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 377-392, April.
- Chwastiak, Michele, 2001. "Taming the untamable: planning, programming and budgeting and the normalization of war," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 501-519, August.
- Chua, Wai Fong, 1995. "Experts, networks and inscriptions in the fabrication of accounting images: A story of the representation of three public hospitals," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(2-3), pages 111-145.
- C. Richard Baker, 1999. "L'Influence Des Savants Français Sur La Recherche Comptable Anglo-Saxonne," Post-Print halshs-00587746, HAL.
- Neu, Dean & Graham, Cameron, 2006. "The birth of a nation: Accounting and Canada's first nations, 1860-1900," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 47-76, January.
- Ezzamel, Mahmoud, 2009. "Order and accounting as a performative ritual: Evidence from ancient Egypt," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(3-4), pages 348-380, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.