The economics of ethics: A new perspective on agency theory
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 13 (1988)
Issue (Month): 4 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Church, Bryan K. & Hannan, R. Lynn & Kuang, Xi (Jason), 2012. "Shared interest and honesty in budget reporting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 155-167.
- Ferraro, Fabrizio & Pfeffer, Jeffrey & Sutton, Robert I., 2003. "Economics language and assumptions: How theories can become self-fulfilling," IESE Research Papers D/530, IESE Business School.
- Alex Nikitkov & Darlene Bay, 2008. "Online Auction Fraud: Ethical Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 79(3), pages 235-244, May.
- Lori Holder-Webb & Jaffrey Cohen, 2007. "The Association between Disclosure, Distress, and Failure," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 75(3), pages 301-314, October.
- Christian Prat Dit Hauret, 2006. "Ethique et décisions d'audit : une analyse à travers le cadre conceptuel de Forsyth," Post-Print halshs-00548124, HAL.
- Vranceanu, Radu, 2005. "The Ethical Dimension of Economic Choices," ESSEC Working Papers DR 05001, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Timothy McCoy & Dale Flesher, 1998. "A case of an early 1900s principal-agent relationship in the Mississippi lumber industry," Accounting, Business and Financial History, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 13-31.
- Stevens, Douglas E. & Thevaranjan, Alex, 2010. "A moral solution to the moral hazard problem," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 125-139, January.
- Anastasios Karamanos, 2002. "Market Networks and the Value in Knowledge Exchanges: Evidence from Biotechnology Strategic Alliances," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp240, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Jeanette Ng & Gregory White & Alina Lee & Andreas Moneta, 2009. "Design and Validation of a Novel New Instrument for Measuring the Effect of Moral Intensity on Accountants’ Propensity to Manage Earnings," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 84(3), pages 367-387, February.
- Frances Chua & Asheq Rahman, 2011. "Institutional Pressures and Ethical Reckoning by Business Corporations," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 98(2), pages 307-329, January.
- C. Chang & Sin-Hui Yen, 2007. "The Effects of Moral Development and Adverse Selection Conditions on Managersâ€™ Project Continuance Decisions: A Study in the Pacific-Rim Region," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 76(3), pages 347-360, December.
- Daniel Arce M. & L. Gunn, 2005. "Working Well with Others: The Evolution of Teamwork and Ethics," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 123(1), pages 115-131, April.
- Ferraro, Fabrizio & Pfeffer, Jeffrey & Sutton, Robert I., 2003. "Economics Language and Assumptions: How Theories Can Become Self-Fulfilling," Research Papers 1849, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Matthew Haigh, 2006. "Managed investments, managed disclosures: financial services reform in practice," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 19(2), pages 186-204, February.
- Nonna Martinov-Bennie & Gary Pflugrath, 2009. "The Strength of an Accounting Firm’s Ethical Environment and the Quality of Auditors’ Judgments," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 87(2), pages 237-253, June.
- vranceanu, radu, 2007. "The moral layer of contemporary economics: A virtue-ethics perspective," ESSEC Working Papers DR 07006, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Besancenot, Damien & Vranceanu, Radu, 2004. "The Information Limit to Honest Managerial Behavior," ESSEC Working Papers DR 04008, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Roxas, Maria L. & Stoneback, Jane Y., 1997. "An investigation of the ethical decision-making process across varying cultures," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 503-535.
- Boeddeling, Jann, 2011. "Corporate Social Responsibility: Fundamentalstellung für Kapitalismus und Wirtschaftssoziologie," Discussion Papers 17/2011, Witten/Herdecke University, Faculty of Management and Economics.
- Arce, Daniel G., 2010. "Corporate virtue: Treatment of whistle blowers and the punishment of violators," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 363-371, September.
- Cheng-Li Huang & Bao-Guang Chang, 2010. "The Effects of Managers’ Moral Philosophy on Project Decision Under Agency Problem Conditions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 94(4), pages 595-611, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.