Acceptance and Observance of International Accounting Standards: An Empirical Study of Companies Claiming to Comply with IASs
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal The International Journal of Accounting.
Volume (Year): 34 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620179
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peng, Songlan & Tondkar, Rasoul H. & van der Laan Smith, Joyce & Harless, David W., 2008. "Does Convergence of Accounting Standards Lead to the Convergence of Accounting Practices?: A Study from China," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 448-468, December.
- Vieru, Markku & Schadewitz, Hannu, 2010. "Impact of IFRS transition on audit and non-audit fees: evidence from small and medium-sized listed companies in Finland," MPRA Paper 44664, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cuijpers,Rick & Maijoor,Steven & Buijink,Willem, 2002. "Voluntary adoption of non-local GAAP in the European Union: a study of determinants," Research Memoranda 069, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Patricia Teixeira Lopes & Lucia Lima Rodrigues, 2004. "Accounting practices for financial instruments. How far are Portuguese companies from IAS?," FEP Working Papers 150, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Al-Shammari, Bader & Brown, Philip & Tarca, Ann, 2008. "An investigation of compliance with international accounting standards by listed companies in the Gulf Co-Operation Council member states," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 425-447, December.
- Pekdemir, Recep & Kepce Yonet, Nazli, 2010. "Exploratory Evidence for the Adoption of the Ias 7 in Turkey," MPRA Paper 29993, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hodgdon, Christopher & Tondkar, Rasoul H. & Adhikari, Ajay & Harless, David W., 2009. "Compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards and auditor choice: New evidence on the importance of the statutory audit," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 33-55, March.
- Ching-Chieh Lin & Chi-Yun Hua & Wen-Hsiang Lin & Wen-Chih Lee, 2012. "IFRS Adoption and Financial Reporting Quality: Taiwan Experience," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 2(4), pages 283-292, October.
- Faisal S. Alanezi & Mishari M. Alfaraih & Eyad A. Alrashaid & Saad S. Albolushi, 2012. "Dual/joint auditors and the level of compliance with international financial reporting standards (IFRS-required disclosure): The case of financial institutions in Kuwait," Journal of Economic and Administrative Sciences, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(2), pages 109-129, August.
- Eleni Vrentzou, 2011. "The effects of International Financial Reporting Standards on the notes of auditors," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(4), pages 334-346, April.
- Guerreiro, Marta Silva & Rodrigues, Lúcia Lima & Craig, Russell, 2012. "Voluntary adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards by large unlisted companies in Portugal – Institutional logics and strategic responses," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 482-499.
- Djatej, Arsen & Gao, Grace & Sarikas, Robert H.S. & Senteney, David L., 2011. "Eastern and Western European firms public and private information quality: The comparative impact of degree of implementation of IFRS," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 111-129, June.
- Muhammad Jahangir Ali, 2006. "Disclosure harmonization of accounting practices: the case for South Asia," Asian Review of Accounting, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 14(1), pages 168-186, July.
- Tiron Tudor Adriana, 2010. "Disclosure Practices Concerning Consolidated Financial Statemens Of Romanians Groups Of Entites," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 601-606, July.
- Bellas, Athanasios & Toudas, Kanellos & Papadatos, Konstantinos, 2007. "What International Accounting Standards (IAS) bring about to the financial statements of Greek Listed Companies? The case of the Athens Stock Exchange," MPRA Paper 13207, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Street, Donna L. & Bryant, Stephanie M., 2000. "Disclosure Level and Compliance with IASs: A Comparison of Companies With and Without U.S. Listings and Filings," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 305-329, 09.
- Philippe Touron, 2002. "Theorie Institutionnelle Et Adoption De Normes Comptables Internationalement Reconnues : Etude De Trois Cas Français Sur La Periode 1989 - 1993," Post-Print halshs-00584540, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.