Inference-Without-Smoothing in the Presence of Nonparametric Autocorrelation
AbstractThe author gives conditions under which nonparametric autocorrelation-consistent variance estimation is possible without smoothing. The conditions are relevant to inference on slope parameters in models with an intercept and strictly exogenous regressors, and allow regressors and disturbances to collectively have considerable stationary long memory and to satisfy only mild, in some cases minimal, moment conditions. His estimate dominates smoothed ones in the sense that it can have mean squared error proportional to the reciprocal of sample size. Under standard additional regularity conditions, the author shows that the estimate can validly studentize asymptotically normal estimates of structural parameters in linear simultaneous equations systems.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Econometrica.
Volume (Year): 66 (1998)
Issue (Month): 5 (September)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Horváth, Lajos & Husková, Marie & Kokoszka, Piotr, 2010. "Testing the stability of the functional autoregressive process," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 352-367, February.
- Wouter J. Den Haan & Andrew Levin, 1996.
"Inferences from Parametric and Non-Parametric Covariance Matrix Estimation Procedures,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0195, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wouter J. den Haan & Andrew T. Levin, 1995. "Inferences from parametric and non-parametric covariance matrix estimation procedures," International Finance Discussion Papers 504, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hidalgo, Javier, 2003. "An alternative bootstrap to moving blocks for time series regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 369-399, December.
- Javier Hidalgo & Myung Hwan Seo, 2012. "Testing for Structural Stability in the Whole Sample," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2013/561, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Javier Hidalgo & Myunghwan Seo, 2011. "Testing For Structural Stability In The Whole Sample," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2011/558, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Marmol, Francesc & Velasco, Carlos, .
"Trend stationarity versus long-range dependence in time series analysis,"
Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
info:hdl:10016/4349, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Marmol, Francesc & Velasco, Carlos, 2002. "Trend stationarity versus long-range dependence in time series analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 25-42, May.
- WANG, Kent & WANG, Shin-Huei & PAN, Zheyao, 2013. "Can federal reserve policy deviation explain response patterns of financial markets over time?," CORE Discussion Papers 2013029, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Tierney, Heather L.R., 2011.
"Real-time data revisions and the PCE measure of inflation,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1763-1773, July.
- Tierney, Heather L.R., 2010. "Real-Time Data Revisions and the PCE Measure of Inflation," MPRA Paper 22387, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2010.
- Tierney, Heather L.R., 2010. "Real-Time Data Revisions and the PCE Measure of Inflation," MPRA Paper 20625, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lazarova, Stepana, 2005. "Testing for structural change in regression with long memory processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 129(1-2), pages 329-372.
- Javier Hidalgo, 2003. "An Alternative Bootstrap to Moving Blocks for Time Series Regression Models," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2003/452, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Javier Hidalgo-Moreno & Myung Hwan Seo, 2012. "Testing for structural stability in the whole sample," Economics Working Papers we1236, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- repec:cep:stiecm:em/2011/558 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cep:stiecm:em/2013/561 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tsay, Wen-Jen, 2004. "Testing for contemporaneous correlation of disturbances in seemingly unrelated regressions with serial dependence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 69-76, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.