Asymptotic Distributions of Impulse Responses, Step Responses, and Variance Decompositions of Estimated Linear Dynamic Models
AbstractFormulas are derived for computing asymptotic covariance matrices of sets of impulse responses, step responses, or variance decompositions of estimated dynamic simultaneous-equations models in vector autoregressive moving-average (VARMA) form. Computed covariances would be used to test linear restrictions on sets of impulse responses, step responses, or variance decompositions. The results unify and extend previous formulas to handle any model in VARMA form, provide accurate computations based on analytic derivates, and provide insights into the structures of the asymptotic covariances. Copyright 1993 by The Econometric Society.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Econometrica.
Volume (Year): 61 (1993)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Inoue, Atsushi & Kilian, Lutz, 2011.
"Inference on Impulse Response Functions in Structural VAR Models,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8419, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Inoue, Atsushi & Kilian, Lutz, 2013. "Inference on impulse response functions in structural VAR models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 177(1), pages 1-13.
- Atsushi Inoue & Lutz Kilian, 2013. "Inference on Impulse Response Functions in Structural VAR Models," TERG Discussion Papers 307, Graduate School of Economics and Management, Tohoku University.
- Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 1994.
"Error Bands for Impulse Responses,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1085, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Uhlig, H.F.H.V.S., 1999.
"What are the Effects of Monetary Policy on Output? Results from an Agnostic Identification Procedure,"
1999-28, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Uhlig, Harald, 2005. "What are the effects of monetary policy on output? Results from an agnostic identification procedure," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 381-419, March.
- Uhlig, Harald, 1999. "What are the Effects of Monetary Policy on Output? Results from an Agnostic Identification Procedure," CEPR Discussion Papers 2137, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stefan Mittnik & Willi Semmler, 2011. "The Instability of the Banking Sector and Macrodynamics: Theory and Empirics," DEGIT Conference Papers c016_080, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Willi Semmler & Stefan Mittnik, 2012. "Estimating a Banking-Macro Model for Europe Using a Multi-Regime VAR," EcoMod2012 4122, EcoMod.
- K.S.E.M. Hubrich & P.J.G. Vlaar, 2000.
"Germany and the euro area: differences in the transmission process of monetary policy,"
WO Research Memoranda (discontinued)
613, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Kirstin Hubrich & Peter J. G. Vlaar, 2000. "Germany and the Euro Area: Differences in the Transmission Process of Monetary Policy," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1802, Econometric Society, revised 08 Nov 2000.
- Chiarella Carl & Semmler Willi & Mittnik Stefan & Zhu Peiyuan, 2002. "Stock Market, Interest Rate and Output: A Model and Estimation for US Time Series Data," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-39, April.
- Stefan Mittnik & Nikolay Robinzonov & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2013. "Was bewegt den DAX?," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 66(23), pages 32-36, December.
- Mittnik, Stefan & Semmler, Willi, 2013.
"The real consequences of financial stress,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1479-1499.
- Stefan Mittnik & Nikolay Robinzonov & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2013. "The Micro Dynamics of Macro Announcements," CESifo Working Paper Series 4421, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.