Asymptotic Distributions of Impulse Responses, Step Responses, and Variance Decompositions of Estimated Linear Dynamic Models
AbstractFormulas are derived for computing asymptotic covariance matrices of sets of impulse responses, step responses, or variance decompositions of estimated dynamic simultaneous-equations models in vector autoregressive moving-average (VARMA) form. Computed covariances would be used to test linear restrictions on sets of impulse responses, step responses, or variance decompositions. The results unify and extend previous formulas to handle any model in VARMA form, provide accurate computations based on analytic derivates, and provide insights into the structures of the asymptotic covariances. Copyright 1993 by The Econometric Society.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Econometrica.
Volume (Year): 61 (1993)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chiarella Carl & Semmler Willi & Mittnik Stefan & Zhu Peiyuan, 2002. "Stock Market, Interest Rate and Output: A Model and Estimation for US Time Series Data," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-39, April.
- Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 1999.
"Error Bands for Impulse Responses,"
Econometric Society, vol. 67(5), pages 1113-1156, September.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Sims and Zha(1999) "Error Bands for Impulse Responses"," Statistical Software Components RTZ00145, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 1995. "Error bands for impulse responses," Working Paper 95-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 1994. "Error Bands for Impulse Responses," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1085, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Stefan Mittnik & Willi Semmler, 2013.
"The Real Consequences of Financial Stress,"
SFB 649 Discussion Papers
SFB649DP2013-011, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Chung, Ching-Fan, 2001. "Calculating and analyzing impulse responses for the vector ARFIMA model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 17-25, April.
- Mittnik, Stefan & Semmler, Willi, 2012. "Regime dependence of the fiscal multiplier," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 502-522.
- Zhou, Mo & Buongiorno, Joseph, 2005. "Price transmission between products at different stages of manufacturing in forest industries," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 5-19, June.
- Stefan Mittnik & Willi Semmler, 2011. "The Instability of the Banking Sector and Macrodynamics: Theory and Empirics," DEGIT Conference Papers c016_080, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Stefan Mittnik & Nikolay Robinzonov & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2013. "The Micro Dynamics of Macro Announcements," CESifo Working Paper Series 4421, CESifo Group Munich.
- Inoue, Atsushi & Kilian, Lutz, 2011.
"Inference on Impulse Response Functions in Structural VAR Models,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8419, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Inoue, Atsushi & Kilian, Lutz, 2013. "Inference on impulse response functions in structural VAR models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 177(1), pages 1-13.
- Kirstin Hubrich & Peter J. G. Vlaar, 2000.
"Germany and the Euro Area: Differences in the Transmission Process of Monetary Policy,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
1802, Econometric Society, revised 08 Nov 2000.
- K.S.E.M. Hubrich & P.J.G. Vlaar, 2000. "Germany and the euro area: differences in the transmission process of monetary policy," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 613, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Uhlig, H.F.H.V.S., 1999.
"What are the Effects of Monetary Policy on Output? Results from an Agnostic Identification Procedure,"
1999-28, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Uhlig, Harald, 2005. "What are the effects of monetary policy on output? Results from an agnostic identification procedure," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 381-419, March.
- Uhlig, Harald, 1999. "What are the Effects of Monetary Policy on Output? Results from an Agnostic Identification Procedure," CEPR Discussion Papers 2137, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.