When Is It Optimal to Kill Off the Market for Used Durable Goods?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Econometrica.
Volume (Year): 54 (1986)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kinokuni, Hiroshi & Ohkawa, Takao & Okamura, Makoto, 2010. ""Planned antiobsolescence" occurs when consumers engage in maintenance," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 441-450, September.
- Viviana Fernández, 1998. "Un Modelo de Duración Estructural para el Reemplazo de Bienes Durables," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 35(105), pages 237-254.
- Michael Perelman, 2006. "The neglect of replacement investment in keynesian economics," Review of Political Economy, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 547-559.
- Anderson, Simon P. & Ginsburgh, Victor A., 1994.
"Price discrimination via second-hand markets,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 23-44, January.
- ANDERSON, Simon P. & GINSBURGH, Victor A., . "Price discrimination via second-hand markets," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1078, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Simon P. Anderson & Victor Ginsburgh, 1994. "Price discrimination via second-hand markets," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1719, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kumar, Praveen, 2002. "Price and quality discrimination in durable goods monopoly with resale trading," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(9), pages 1313-1339, November.
- Dennis W. Carlton & Michael Waldman, 2001.
"Competition, Monopoly, and Aftermarkets,"
NBER Working Papers
8086, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Rust, 1997. "A Comparison of Policy Iteration Methods for Solving Continuous-State, Infinite-Horizon Markovian Decision Problems Using Random, Quasi-random, and Deterministic Discretizations," Computational Economics 9704001, EconWPA.
- Bruce W Hamilton & Mary Burke, 1996. "The Coase Conjecture in Continuous Time: Imperfect Durability Endogenous Durability and Aftermarkets," Economics Working Paper Archive 362, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Andrikopoulos, Athanasios & Markellos, Raphael. N, 2012. "Dynamic interaction between markets for leasing and selling automobiles," MPRA Paper 45225, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Judith Chevalier & Austan Goolsbee, 2005.
"Are Durable Goods Consumers Forward Looking? Evidence from College Textbooks,"
NBER Working Papers
11421, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Judith Chevalier & Austan Goolsbee, 2009. "Are Durable Goods Consumers Forward-Looking? Evidence from College Textbooks," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 124(4), pages 1853-1884, November.
- Bruce W Hamilton & Molly Macauley, 1996.
"Competition and Car Longevity,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
361, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- John Rust & Bertel Schjerning & Fedor Iskhakov, 2012. "A Dynamic Model of Leap-Frogging Investments and Bertrand Price Competition," 2012 Meeting Papers 370, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Sylvain Prado, 2010. "A Family Hitch : Econometrics of the New and the Used Car Markets," EconomiX Working Papers 2010-4, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Victor Aguirregabiria, 2005. "Another Look at the Identification of Dynamic Discrete Decision Processes," Econometrics 0504006, EconWPA.
- Jeffrey Shulman & Anne Coughlan, 2007. "Used goods, not used bads: Profitable secondary market sales for a durable goods channel," Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 191-210, June.
- Michael Waldman, 2004. "Antitrust Perspectives for Durable-Goods Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 1306, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fedor Iskhakov & John Rust & Bertel Schjerning, 2013. "The Dynamics of Bertrand Price Competition with Cost-Reducing Investments," Discussion Papers 13-05, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Foster, James E. & Horowitz, Andrew W., 1996. "Complimentarily yours: Free examination copies and textbook prices," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 85-99.
- George Bitros, 2010. "The theorem of proportionality in contemporary capital theory: An assessment of its conceptual foundations," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 367-401, December.
- Heese, Hans S. & Cattani, Kyle & Ferrer, Geraldo & Gilland, Wendell & Roth, Aleda V., 2005. "Competitive advantage through take-back of used products," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 164(1), pages 143-157, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.