The Nash Social Welfare Function
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Econometrica.
Volume (Year): 47 (1979)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marc Fleurbaey, 2012. "Social preferences for the evaluation of procedures," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 599-614, July.
- Du, Shaofu & Zhu, Lili & Liang, Liang & Ma, Fang, 2013. "Emission-dependent supply chain and environment-policy-making in the ‘cap-and-trade’ system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 61-67.
- Shun-ichiro Bessho & Masayoshi Hayashi, 2013.
"Estimating the Social Marginal Cost of Public Funds,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 41(3), pages 360-385, May.
- Shun-ichiro Bessho & Masayoshi Hayashi, 2011. "Estimating the Social Marginal Cost of Public Funds: A Micro-data Approach," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-817, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Shun-ichiro Bessho & Masayoshi Hayashi, 2005. "The Social Cost of Public Funds : The Case of Japanese Progressive Income Taxation," Finance Working Papers 22031, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Mamoru Kaneko, 1981.
"The Optimal Progressive Income Tax -- The Existence and the Limit Tax Rates,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
599, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Kaneko, Mamoru, 1982. "The optimal progressive income tax : The existence and the limit tax rates," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 193-221, September.
- Thomas Saaty & Luis Vargas, 2012. "The possibility of group choice: pairwise comparisons and merging functions," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 481-496, March.
- Naumova, Natalia & Yanovskaya, Elena, 2001. "Nash social welfare orderings," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 203-231, November.
- FLEURBAEY, Marc & MANIQUET, François, 1998.
"Optimal income taxation: and ordinal approach,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1998065, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Marlies Klemisch-Ahlert, 1991. "Independence of the status quo? A weak and a strong impossibility result for social decisions by bargaining," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 53(1), pages 83-93, February.
- M. Kaneko, 1984. "On interpersonal utility comparisons," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 165-175, October.
- Susumu Cato, 2009. "Characterizing the Nash social welfare relation for infinite utility streams: a note," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(3), pages 2372-2379.
- Collins, Anne D. & Lim, Jamus Jerome, 2010. "Recognition, redistribution, and liberty," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 240-252, June.
- Sorger, Gerhard, 2006. "Recursive Nash bargaining over a productive asset," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 2637-2659, December.
- Hannu Salonen, 2012. "Aggregating And Updating Information," Discussion Papers 73, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Hans Peters & Dries Vermeulen, 2012. "WPO, COV and IIA bargaining solutions for non-convex bargaining problems," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 851-884, November.
- Ebert, Udo & Welsch, Heinz, 2004. "Meaningful environmental indices: a social choice approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 270-283, March.
- James Yunker, 1985. "A broad utilitarian theory of value and moral value," Forum for Social Economics, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 29-59, March.
- Eran Hanany, 2001. "Ordinal Nash Social Welfare Function," Discussion Papers 1325, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Hanany, Eran, 2008. "The ordinal Nash social welfare function," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(5-6), pages 405-422, April.
- Möbert, Jochen, 2006. "Jefficiency vs. Efficiency in Social Network Models," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 36779, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.