The Duhem-Quine Thesis, Lakatos and the Appraisal of Theories in Macroeconomics
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Royal Economic Society in its journal The Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 92 (1982)
Issue (Month): 366 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Office of the Secretary-General, School of Economics and Finance, University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Fife, KY16 9AL, UK
Phone: +44 1334 462479
Web page: http://www.res.org.uk/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rod Cross & Harold Hutchinson & Serena Yeoward, 1990. "The natural rate versus the hysteresis hypothesis: A century of prices and unemployment in the U.S. and U.K," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 126(1), pages 156-164, March.
- Morten Søberg, 2002. "The Duhem-Quine thesis and experimental economics. A reinterpretation," Discussion Papers 329, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Søberg, Morten, 2003. "The Duhem-Quine thesis and experimental economics: A reinterpretation," Memorandum 21/2002, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- John Geweke & Joel Horowitz & M. Hashem Pesaran, 2006.
"Econometrics: A Bird’s Eye View,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1870, CESifo Group Munich.
- Geweke, J. & Joel Horowitz & Pesaran, M.H., 2006. "Econometrics: A Bird’s Eye View," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0655, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Geweke, John F. & Horowitz, Joel L. & Pesaran, M. Hashem, 2006. "Econometrics: A Bird's Eye View," IZA Discussion Papers 2458, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Turan Yay & Huseyin Tastan, 2010. "Invisible Hand in the Process of Making Economics or on the Method and Scope of Economics," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 57(1), pages 61-83, March.
- S. J. Kamath & K. C. Jensen & R. E. Bennett, 1991. "A Counter-Counter Critique: A Reply," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 535-541, Oct-Dec.
- Matthias Huehn, 2008. "Unenlightened Economism: The Antecedents of Bad Corporate Governance and Ethical Decline," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 81(4), pages 823-835, September.
- Keuzenkamp, Hugo A. & Barten, Anton P., 1995. "Rejection without falsification on the history of testing the homogeneity condition in the theory of consumer demand," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 103-127, May.
- Drakopoulos, Stavros A. & Karayiannis, Anastassios, 2005. "A Review of Kuhnian and Lakatosian “Explanations” in Economics," MPRA Paper 16624, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- van den Hauwe, Ludwig, 2007. "Did F. A. Hayek Embrace Popperian Falsificationism? A Critical Comment About Certain Theses of Popper, Duhem and Austrian Methodology," MPRA Paper 6067, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anton D. Lowenberg, 1990. "Neoclassical Economics as a Theory of Politics and Institutions," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 9(3), pages 619-639, Winter.
- D. Wade Hands, 1990. "Thirteen theses on progress in economic methodology," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 3(1), pages 72-76, Spring.
- Ladd, George W., 1991. "Thoughts On Building An Academic Career," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(01), July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.