What Should Central Banks Do? What Should Be Their Macroeconomic Objectives and Operations?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Royal Economic Society in its journal The Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 104 (1994)
Issue (Month): 427 (November)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Another Embarrassing Blunder by Chairman Bernanke
by Felipe Rezende in New Economic Perspectives on 2009-07-22 12:00:00
- Edward Kutsoati, 2000. "Debt-Contingent Inflation Contracts and Targeting," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0009, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Svensson, Lars E O, 1995.
"Optimal Inflation Targets, 'Conservative' Central Banks, and Linear Inflation Contracts,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1249, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Svensson, Lars E O, 1997. "Optimal Inflation Targets, "Conservative" Central Banks, and Linear Inflation Contracts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(1), pages 98-114, March.
- Svensson, L.E.O., 1995. "Optimal Inflation Targets, 'Conservative' Central Banks, and Linear Inflation Contracts," Papers 595, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Lars E.O. Svensson, 1997. "Optimal Inflation Targets, `Conservative' Central Banks, and Linear Inflation Contracts," NBER Working Papers 5251, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Howells & Iris Biefang-Frisancho Mariscal, 2006.
"Monetary Policy Regimes. A Fragile Consensus,"
International Journal of Political Economy,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 35(1), pages 62-83, April.
- Peter Skott, . "Wage Formation and the (Non-)Existence of the NAIRU," Economics Working Papers 1998-16, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Nuran Gokbudak, 1996. "Central Bank Independence, the Bundesbank Experience and the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey," Discussion Papers 9610, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Bennett T. McCallum & Edward Nelson, 1998.
"Performance of Operational Policy Rules in an Estimated Semi-Classical Structural Model,"
NBER Working Papers
6599, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bennett T. McCallum & Edward Nelson, 1999. "Performance of Operational Policy Rules in an Estimated Semiclassical Structural Model," NBER Chapters, in: Monetary Policy Rules, pages 15-56 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bennett T. McCallum & Edward Nelson, 1998. "Performance of operational policy rules in an estimated semi-classical structural model," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Mar.
- Bennett T. McCallum & Edward Nelson, . "Performance of Operational Policy Rules in an Estimated Semi-Classical Structural Model," GSIA Working Papers 1998-22, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Leertouwer, Erik & Maier, Philipp, 2001.
"Who creates political business cycles: should central banks be blamed?,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 445-463, September.
- Leertouwer, Erik & Maier, Philipp, 1999. "Who creates poltical business cycles? : (should central banks be blamed?)," Research Report 99E56, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- McCallum, Bennett T., 1999.
"Issues in the design of monetary policy rules,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,
in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 23, pages 1483-1530
- Jiri Bohm & Jan Filacek & Ivana Kubicova & Romana Zamazalova, 2011.
"Price-Level Targeting - A Real Alternative to Inflation Targeting?,"
Research and Policy Notes
2011/01, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Jiøí Böhm & Jan Filáèek, 2012. "Price-Level Targeting–A Real Alternative to Inflation Targeting?," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 62(1), pages 2-26, February.
- Buch, Claudia M., 1995. "Monetary policy and the transformation of the banking system in Eastern Europe," Kiel Working Papers 676, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Francisco Rosende, 2002. "La Nueva Síntesis Keynesiana: Análisis e Implicancias de Política Monetaria," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 39(117), pages 203-233.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.