Output persistence in human capital-based growth models
AbstractThis note explores the persistence properties of a class of models proposed by Jones, Manuelli and Siu (2000) where growth stems from purposeful human capital accumulation. In doing so, we adopt Cogley and Nason's (1995) definition of output persistence. The propagation mechanism exhibited by this class of models appears unable to solve the output persistence puzzle.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by AccessEcon in its journal Economics Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 5 (2003)
Issue (Month): 11 ()
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E3 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
- O4 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jing Dang & Max Gillman & Michal Kejak, 2011.
"Real Business Cycles with a Human Capital Investment Sector and Endogenous Growth: Persistence, Volatility and Labor Puzzles,"
IEHAS Discussion Papers
1128, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Dang, Jing & Gillman, Max & Kejak, Michal, 2011. "Real Business Cycles with a Human Capital Investment Sector and Endogenous Growth: Persistence, Volatility and Labor Puzzles," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2011/8, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Moral Zuazo, María Paz & Barañano Mentxaka, Ilaski, 2007.
"Consumption-Leisure Trade-offs and Persistency in Business Cycles,"
2007-05, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
- Ilaski Barañano & M. Paz Moral, 2013. "Consumption–Leisure Trade-Offs And Persistency In Business Cycles," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(3), pages 280-298, 07.
- Belbute, José Manuel, 2013. "Is the Euro-Area core price index really more persistent than the food and energy price indexes?," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 307-315.
- Belbute, José & Caleiro, António, 2010. "Cross Country Evidence on Consumption Persistence," MPRA Paper 22008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Belbute, José & Caleiro, António, 2009. "Measuring the Persistence on Consumption in Portugal," MPRA Paper 15116, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.