Employment and Regional Tourism in Europe, 1990-2000
AbstractEste articulo analiza varios indicadores de actividad turistica en 100 regiones de 12 paises de la Union Europea durante el periodo 1990-2000. Analizamos las posiciones que las distintas regiones ocupan en el ranking de indicadores de turismo hotelero y extra-hotelero. Consideramos que ambos tipos de turismo son importantes pues tienen una influencia positiva sobre el desarrollo del Valor Añadido y el Empleo en varios sectores, especialmente en los servicios comerciales y en la construccion. Presentamos un modelo econometrico que tiene en cuenta el impacto positivo de ambos tipos de turismo sobre el empleo no agrario de las regiones europeas. This article analyses some indicators of tourist activity on a regional level in 100 European Union regions belonging to 12 countries during the period 1990-2000. We analyse ranking positions in hotel tourism indicators and extra-hotel tourism indicators. Both types of tourism have a positive influence in the development of Value-Added and Employment in several sectors, particularly in commercial services and building activities. We present an econometric model that has into account the positive impact of both types of tourism in non-agrarian employment of European regions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Euro-American Association of Economic Development in its journal Estudios Economicos Regionales y Sectoriales.
Volume (Year): 2 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- R10 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.