Economic Development of African and Asia-Pacific Areas in 1951-99
AbstractDuring the second half of the 20th century Asia as a whole experienced a much higher increase in production by inhabitant than Africa, due to several factors which caused improvements in industrial development and moderation in the rates of population growth. We present a comparison, at area level, of economic growth, education, fertility and production by sector in large areas of Africa and Asia and South-Pacific, analysing the main differences in economic development among these areas during the 20th century, with special reference to the period 1980-99.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Euro-American Association of Economic Development in its journal Applied Econometrics and International Development.
Volume (Year): 1 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
- F0 - International Economics - - General
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O53 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
- O55 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
- O57 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guisan, M.C. & Exposito, P., 2010. "Health Expenditure, Education, Government Effectiveness and Quality of Life in Africa and Asia," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 10(1).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.