Catch-up and Convergence in Global Agricultural Productivity
AbstractIn this paper we examine levels and trends in agricultural output and productivity in 97 developed and developing countries that account for a major portion of the world population and agricultural output. We make use of data drawn from the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and cover the period 1980-1995. Due to the non-availability of reliable input price data, the study uses data envelopment analysis (DEA) to derive Malmquist productivity indexes. The study examines trends in agricultural productivity over the period. Issues of catch-up and convergence, or in some cases possible divergence, in productivity in agriculture are examined within a global framework.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics in its journal Indian Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 39 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Delhi, Delhi 110 007
Phone: 91-11-2766-6533/34/35, 2766-6703/04/05
Web page: http://www.ierdse.org/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Yu, Bingxin, 2009.
"An Updated Look at the Recovery of Agricultural Productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China
51731, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Yu, Bingxin, 2008. "An updated look at the recovery of agricultural productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa:," IFPRI discussion papers 787, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Pami Dua).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.