Resolving The Liquidity Puzzle
AbstractThis paper considers a nonborrowed-monetary-base VAR and a targetsand instrument framework favored by the monetarists to resolve thepuzzles thrown up by monetary VAR studies. The results show thatnonborrowed-monetary-base shocks produce responses consistent with apriori expectations about the effects of monetary policy on interestrates, prices, and output.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Macroeconomic Dynamics.
Volume (Year): 1 (1997)
Issue (Month): 04 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_MDYProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Other versions of this item:
- E40 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - General
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kelly, Logan J. & Barnett, William A. & Keating, John W., 2011.
"Rethinking the liquidity puzzle: Application of a new measure of the economic money stock,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 768-774, April.
- Kelly, Logan & Barnett, William A. & Keating, John, 2010. "Rethinking the liquidity puzzle: application of a new measure of the economic money stock," MPRA Paper 22087, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kelly, Logan & Barnett, William A. & Keating, John W., 2010. "Rethinking the Liquidity Puzzle: Application of a New Measure of the Economic Money Stock," MPRA Paper 22085, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William Barnett & Logan Kelly & John Keating, 2010. "Rethinking the Liquidity Puzzle: Application of a New Measure of the Economic Money Stock," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201002, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2010.
- Logan Kelly & William Barnett & John Keating, 2010. "Rethinking the Liquidity Puzzle: Application of a New Measure of the Economic Money Stock," Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1001, UWRF - Center for Economic Research, College of Business and Economics, University of Wisconsin - River Falls.
- Antonis Michis, 2011. "Multiscale Analysis of the Liquidity Effect," Working Papers 2011-5, Central Bank of Cyprus.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.