Does Sentiment Drive the Retail Demand for IPOs?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 44 (2009)
Issue (Month): 01 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Degeorge, F. & Derrien, F. & Womack, K.L., 2009.
"Auctioned IPOs: The U.S. Evidence,"
2009-37 S, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Renneboog, L.D.R. & Spaenjers, C., 2011. "The Dutch grey market," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-4444303, Tilburg University.
- Edwards, Amy K. & Hanley, Kathleen Weiss, 2010. "Short selling in initial public offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 21-39, October.
- Renneboog, L.D.R. & Spaenjers, C., 2008.
"The Dutch Grey Market,"
2008-88, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Finter, Philipp & Niessen-Ruenzi, Alexandra & Ruenzi, Stefan, 2010. "The impact of investor sentiment on the German stock market," CFR Working Papers 10-03, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Subadar Agathee, Ushad & Brooks, Chris & Sannassee, Raja Vinesh, 2012. "Hot and cold IPO markets: The case of the Stock Exchange of Mauritius," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 168-192.
- Finter, Philipp & Niessen-Ruenzi, Alexandra & Ruenzi, Stefan, 2011. "The impact of investor sentiment on the German stock market," CFR Working Papers 10-03 [rev.], University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Alimov, Azizjon & Mikkelson, Wayne, 2012. "Does favorable investor sentiment lead to costly decisions to go public?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 519-540.
- Jiang, Li & Li, Gao, 2013. "Investor sentiment and IPO pricing during pre-market and aftermarket periods: Evidence from Hong Kong," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 65-82.
- Oehler, Andreas & Rummer, Marco & Smith, Peter N., 2004.
"IPO Pricing and the Relative Importance of Investor Sentiment: Evidence from Germany,"
26, University of Bamberg, Chair of Finance.
- Marco Rummer & Andreas Oehler & Peter N. Smith, 2004. "IPO Pricing and the Relative Importance of Investor Sentiment: Evidence from Germany," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004 62, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Loffler, Gunter & Panther, Patrick F. & Theissen, Erik, 2005. "Who knows what when? The information content of pre-IPO market prices," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 466-484, October.
- Chan, Yue-Cheong, 2014. "How does retail sentiment affect IPO returns? Evidence from the internet bubble period," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 235-248.
- Alex Stomper & Pegaret Pichler, 2004. "Primary Market Design: Direct Mechanisms and Markets," Working Papers 2004.9, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Cook, Douglas O. & Kieschnick, Robert & Van Ness, Robert A., 2006. "On the marketing of IPOs," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 35-61, October.
- Luc Renneboog & Christophe Spaenjers, 2011. "The Dutch Grey Market," De Economist, Springer, vol. 159(1), pages 25-40, March.
- Maria Borges, 2007. "Underpricing of Initial Public Offerings: The Case of Portugal," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 65-80, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.