The Value of Outside Directors: Evidence from Corporate Governance Reform in Korea
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 42 (2007)
Issue (Month): 04 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chou, Hsin-I & Chung, Huimin & Yin, Xiangkang, 2013. "Attendance of board meetings and company performance: Evidence from Taiwan," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4157-4171.
- Sviatoslav Moskalev & Seung Park, 2010. "South Korean Chaebols and Value-Based Management," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 92(1), pages 49-62, March.
- Federica Pazzaglia, 2010. "Are Alternative Organizational Forms the Solution to Limit Excessive Managerial Discretion?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 93(4), pages 623-639, June.
- Xu, Hongmei, 2013. "How much do the characteristics of independent directors and supervisory board members affect firm performance in China?," Discussion Papers of the Institute for Organisational Economics 12/2013, University of Münster, Institute for Organisational Economics.
- Marc Essen & J. Oosterhout & Michael Carney, 2012. "Corporate boards and the performance of Asian firms: A meta-analysis," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 873-905, December.
- Ahn, Seoungpil & Shrestha, Keshab, 2013. "The differential effects of classified boards on firm value," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 3993-4013.
- Min, Byung-Seong, 2013. "Evaluation of board reforms: An examination of the appointment of outside directors," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 21-43.
- Lee, Shih-Cheng & Lin, Chien-Ting & Chang, Pei-Ting, 2011. "An Ohlson valuation framework for valuing corporate governance: The case of Taiwan," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 420-434, September.
- Black, Bernard S. & de Carvalho, Antonio Gledson & Gorga, Érica, 2012. "What matters and for which firms for corporate governance in emerging markets? Evidence from Brazil (and other BRIK countries)," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 934-952.
- Garner, Jacqueline L. & Kim, Won Yong, 2013. "Are foreign investors really beneficial? Evidence from South Korea," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 62-84.
- Andy Cosh & Paul Guest & Alan Hughes, 2007. "UK Corporate Governance and Takeover Performance," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp357, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Salim Chahine & Assem Safieddine, 2011. "Is corporate governance different for the Lebanese banking system?," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 207-226, May.
- Huang, Hsu-Huei & Chan, Min-Lee & Huang, I-Hsiang & Chang, Chih-Hsiang, 2011. "Stock price volatility and overreaction in a political crisis: The effects of corporate governance and performance," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Lee, Jeong Yeon & Kim, Doyeon, 2013. "Bank performance and its determinants in Korea," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 83-94.
- Jinhan Pae & Tae Choi, 2011. "Corporate Governance, Commitment to Business Ethics, and Firm Valuation: Evidence from the Korean Stock Market," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 100(2), pages 323-348, May.
- Kim, Jaemin & Yoo, Sean Sehyun, 2009. "Market liberalization and foreign equity portfolio selection in Korea," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 206-220, July.
- Won Oh & Young Chang & Aleksey Martynov, 2011. "The Effect of Ownership Structure on Corporate Social Responsibility: Empirical Evidence from Korea," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 104(2), pages 283-297, December.
- Margaret McCabe & Margaret Nowak, 2008. "The independent director on the board of company directors," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(6), pages 545-566, July.
- Minna Yu, 2010. "Analyst following and corporate governance: emerging-market evidence," Accounting Research Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(1), pages 69-93, July.
- Pombo, Carlos & Gutiérrez, Luis H., 2011. "Outside directors, board interlocks and firm performance: Empirical evidence from Colombian business groups," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 251-277, July.
- Yi Wang & Judith Oliver, 2009. "Board composition and firm performance variance: Australian evidence," Accounting Research Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(2), pages 196-212, September.
- Kim, Haksoon & Lim, Chanwoo, 2010. "Diversity, outside directors and firm valuation: Korean evidence," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 284-291, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.