Financial Advisors and Shareholder Wealth Gains in Corporate Takeovers
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 38 (2003)
Issue (Month): 03 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bethel, Jennifer E. & Hu, Gang & Wang, Qinghai, 2009. "The market for shareholder voting rights around mergers and acquisitions: Evidence from institutional daily trading and voting," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 129-145, February.
- Wang, Weishen & Whyte, Ann Marie, 2010. "Managerial rights, use of investment banks, and the wealth effects for acquiring firms' shareholders," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 44-54, January.
- Francis, Bill B. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Sun, Xian, 2008.
"Financial market integration and the value of global diversification: Evidence for US acquirers in cross-border mergers and acquisitions,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1522-1540, August.
- Francis , Bill B & Hasan , Iftekhar & Sun , Xian, 2006. "Financial market integration and the value of global diversification: evidence from US acquirers in cross-border mergers and acquisitions," Research Discussion Papers 24/2006, Bank of Finland.
- Francis, Bill B. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Sun , Xian, 2012. "Home preference at selecting financial advisors in cross-border M&As," Research Discussion Papers 31/2012, Bank of Finland.
- Dai, Yun & Gryglewicz, Sebastian & Smit, Han T.J. & De Maeseneire, Wouter, 2013. "Similar bidders in takeover contests," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 544-561.
- Kisgen, Darren J. & "QJ" Qian, Jun & Song, Weihong, 2009. "Are fairness opinions fair? The case of mergers and acquisitions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 179-207, February.
- Francis, Bill B. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Sun , Xian, 2012. "Does relationship matter? The choice of financial advisors," Research Discussion Papers 28/2012, Bank of Finland.
- Allen, Linda & Peristiani, Stavros, 2007. "Loan underpricing and the provision of merger advisory services," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3539-3562, December.
- Jayaraman Vijayakumar & Kenneth Daniels, 2006. "The Role and Impact of Financial Advisors in the Market for Municipal Bonds," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 43-68, August.
- Jong, A. de & Ongena, S. & Poel, M. van der, 2010.
"The International Diversification of Banks and the Value of their Cross-Border M&A Advice,"
2010-24, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- De Jong, Abe & Ongena, Steven & van der Poel, Marieke, 2010. "The international diversification of banks and the value of their cross-border M&A advice," CEPR Discussion Papers 7735, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francis, Bill B. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Sun, Xian, 2014. "Does relationship matter? The choice of financial advisors," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 22-47.
- Ahmad Ismail, 2010. "Are good financial advisors really good? The performance of investment banks in the M&A market," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 35(4), pages 411-429, November.
- Qingzhong Ma, 2013. "Investment banks advising takeover targets," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 339-374, July.
- Kenneth Daniels & Richard A. Phillips, 2007. "The Valuation Impact of Financial Advisors: An Empirical Analysis of REIT Mergers and Acquisitions," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 29(1), pages 57-64.
- Chahine, Salim & Ismail, Ahmad, 2009. "Premium, merger fees and the choice of investment banks: A simultaneous analysis," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 159-177, May.
- Shahrur, Husayn, 2005. "Industry structure and horizontal takeovers: Analysis of wealth effects on rivals, suppliers, and corporate customers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 61-98, April.
- Schiereck, Dirk & Sigl-Grüb, Christof & Unverhau, Jan, 2009. "Investment bank reputation and shareholder wealth effects in mergers and acquisitions," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 257-273, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.