The Stock Price Effect of Risky versus Safe Debt
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 26 (1991)
Issue (Month): 04 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Augusto Castillo R., 2001. "Long-Run Performance Of Stock Returns Following Junk Bond Offerings," Abante, Escuela de Administracion. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 4(1), pages 95-129.
- Krishnaswami, Sudha & Yaman, Devrim, 2007. "Contracting costs and the window of opportunity for straight debt issues," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 869-888, March.
- Kang, Jun-Koo & Stulz, Rene M, 1996.
"How Different Is Japanese Corporate Finance? An Investigation of the Information Content of New Security Issues,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(1), pages 109-39.
- Jun-Koo Kang & Rene M. Stulz, 1994. "How Different is Japanese Corporate Finance? An Investigation of the Information Content of New Security Issues," NBER Working Papers 4908, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nayar, Nandkumar (Nandu) & Stock, Duane, 2008. "Make-whole call provisions: A case of "much ado about nothing?"," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 387-404, September.
- Joo, Sang Lyong & Pruitt, Stephen W., 2006. "Corporate bond ratings changes and economic instability: Evidence from the Korean financial crisis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 12-20, January.
- Covitz, Daniel M. & Harrison, Paul, 2004. "Do banks time bond issuance to trigger disclosure, due diligence, and investor scrutiny?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 299-323, July.
- Hale, Galina & Santos, João A.C., 2008. "The decision to first enter the public bond market: The role of firm reputation, funding choices, and bank relationships," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1928-1940, September.
- Krishnaswami, Sudha & Yaman, Devrim, 2008. "The role of convertible bonds in alleviating contracting costs," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 792-816, November.
- Brooks, Raymond M. & Patel, Ajay, 2000. "Information conveyed by seasoned security offerings: evidence from components of the bid-ask spread," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 83-99, December.
- Linn, Scott C. & Stock, Duane R., 2005. "The impact of junior debt issuance on senior unsecured debt's risk premiums," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1585-1609, June.
- Stewart C. Myers, 2001. "Capital Structure," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 81-102, Spring.
- Daniel M. Covitz & Paul Harrison, 2003. "Do banks strategically time public bond issuance because of the accompanying disclosure, due diligence, and investor scrutiny?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-37, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lakshmi Shyam-Sunder & Stewart C. Myers, 1994. "Testing Static Trade-off Against Pecking Order Models of Capital Structure," NBER Working Papers 4722, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Datta, Sudip & Iskandar-Datta, Mai & Raman, Kartik, 2000. "Debt Structure Adjustments and Long-Run Stock Price Performance," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 427-453, October.
- Dan Covitz & Paul Harrison, 2000. "The timing of debt issuance and rating migration: theory and evidence," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-10, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- David J. Brophy & Paige P. Ouimet & Clemens Sialm, 2004. "PIPE Dreams? The Performance of Companies Issuing Equity Privately," NBER Working Papers 11011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.