Toehold Acquisitions, Shareholder Wealth, and the Market for Corporate Control
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 26 (1991)
Issue (Month): 03 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Prevost, Andrew K. & Rao, Ramesh P. & Hossain, Mahmud, 2002. "Determinants of board composition in New Zealand: a simultaneous equations approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 373-397, November.
- Matilde Fernández-Blanco & C. José García Martín, 2000. "La compra de volúmenes significativos de acciones en el mercado español," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 24(1), pages 237-267, January.
- Harris, Oneil & Glegg, Charmaine, 2008. "The wealth effects of cross-border spinoffs," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 461-476, December.
- Carroll, Carolyn & Griffith, John M., 2010. "Toeholds, rejected offers, and bidder gains: Do rebuffed bidders put targets in play to profit from their toeholds?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 214-221, May.
- Spencer, Carolyn & Akhigbe, Aigbe & Madura, Jeff, 1998. "Impact of partial control on policies enacted by partial targets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 425-445, May.
- Kim, Woochan & Kim, Woojin & Kwon, Kap-Sok, 2009. "Value of outside blockholder activism: Evidence from the switchers," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 505-522, September.
- Goldman, Eitan & Qian, Jun, 2005. "Optimal toeholds in takeover contests," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 321-346, August.
- Jenkinson, Tim & Ljungqvist, Alexander, 2001.
"The role of hostile stakes in German corporate governance,"
Journal of Corporate Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 397-446, December.
- Tim Jenkinson & Alexander Ljungqvist, 1999. "The Role of Hostile Stakes in German Corporate Governance," OFRC Working Papers Series 1999fe02, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Gleason, Kim & Johnston, Jarrod & Madura, Jeff, 2007. "Cause and effect of mini-tender offers," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 521-534, September.
- Hossain, Mahmud & Prevost, Andrew K. & Rao, Ramesh P., 2001. "Corporate governance in New Zealand: The effect of the 1993 Companies Act on the relation between board composition and firm performance," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 119-145, April.
- Ferguson, Michael F, 1994. "Ownership Structure, Potential Competition, and the Free-Rider Problem in Tender Offers," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(1), pages 35-62, April.
- Zhu, PengCheng & Jog, Vijay & Otchere, Isaac, 2011. "Partial acquisitions in emerging markets: A test of the strategic market entry and corporate control hypotheses," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 288-305, April.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & Martin, Anna D. & Whyte, Ann Marie, 2007. "Partial acquisitions, the acquisition probability hypothesis, and the abnormal returns to partial targets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 3080-3101, October.
- Park, Yun W. & Selvili, Zekiye & Song, Moon H., 2008. "Large outside blockholders as monitors: Evidence from partial acquisitions," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 529-545, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Rule).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.