Price Reversals, Bid-Ask Spreads, and Market Efficiency
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 25 (1990)
Issue (Month): 04 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lobe, Sebastian & Rieks, Johannes, 2011. "Short-term market overreaction on the Frankfurt stock exchange," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 113-123, May.
- Savor, Pavel G., 2012. "Stock returns after major price shocks: The impact of information," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(3), pages 635-659.
- Rezvanian, Rasoul & Turk, Rima A. & Mehdian, Seyed M., 2011. "Investors' reactions to sharp price changes: Evidence from equity markets of the People's Republic of China," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-18.
- Dissanaike, Gishan, 1996. "Are stock price reversals really asymmetric? A note," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 189-201, January.
- Gülin Vardar & Berna Okan, 2008. "Short Term Overreaction Effect: Evidence on the Turkish Stock Market," Papers of the Annual IUE-SUNY Cortland Conference in Economics, in: Proceedings of the Conference on Emerging Economic Issues in a Globalizing World, pages 155-165 Izmir University of Economics.
- Bremer, Marc & Hiraki, Takato, 1999. "Volume and individual security returns on the Tokyo Stock Exchange," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 351-370, August.
- Trabelsi, Mohamed Ali, 2008.
"Sur-réaction sur le marché tunisien des actions : une investigation empirique
[Overreaction on the Tunisian stock market: an empirical test]," MPRA Paper 26751, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amini, Shima & Hudson, Robert & Keasey, Kevin, 2010. "Stock return predictability despite low autocorrelation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 101-103, July.
- Dumitriu, Ramona & Stefanescu, Razvan, 2011. "Shocks on the Romanian foreign exchange market before and after the global crisis," MPRA Paper 36560, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 Feb 2012.
- Chang, Shao-Chi & Chen, Sheng-Syan & Chou, Robin K. & Lin, Yueh-Hsiang, 2008. "Weather and intraday patterns in stock returns and trading activity," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1754-1766, September.
- KUDRYAVTSEV Andrey, 2012. "Early To Rise: When Opening Stock Returns Are Higher Than Daily Returns?," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 7(3), pages 58-73, December.
- Pasaribu, Rowland Bismark Fernando, 2010.
"Anomali Overreaction di bursa efek Indonesia: Penelitian Saham LQ-45
[Overreaction Anomaly in Indonesia Stock Exchange: Case Study of LQ-45 Stocks]," MPRA Paper 36998, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mazouz, Khelifa & Joseph, Nathan L. & Joulmer, Joulmer, 2009. "Stock price reaction following large one-day price changes: UK evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1481-1493, August.
- Fuertes, Ana-Maria & Thomas, Dylan C., 2006. "Large market shocks and abnormal closed-end-fund price behaviour," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 2517-2535, September.
- Achim Himmelmann & Dirk Schiereck & Marc Simpson & Moritz Zschoche, 2012. "Long-term reactions to large stock price declines and increases in the European stock market: a note on market efficiency," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 400-423, April.
- Kudryavtsev, Andrey, 2013. "Stock price reversals following end-of-the-day price moves," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 203-205.
- Stefanescu, Razvan & Dumitriu, Ramona & Nistor, Costel, 2012. "Short term momentum and contrarian profits on the Bucharest Stock Exchange before and during the global crisis," MPRA Paper 42510, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Sep 2012.
- AltInkIlIç, Oya & Hansen, Robert S., 2009. "On the information role of stock recommendation revisions," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 17-36, October.
- Ising, Jan & Schiereck, Dirk & Simpson, Marc W. & Thomas, Thomas W., 2006. "Stock returns following large 1-month declines and jumps: Evidence of overoptimism in the German market," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 598-619, September.
- Mazouz, Khelifa & Joseph, Nathan Lael & Palliere, Clement, 2009. "Stock index reaction to large price changes: Evidence from major Asian stock indexes," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 444-459, September.
- Amini, Shima & Gebka, Bartosz & Hudson, Robert & Keasey, Kevin, 2013. "A review of the international literature on the short term predictability of stock prices conditional on large prior price changes: Microstructure, behavioral and risk related explanations," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 1-17.
- Fung, Alexander Kwok-Wah, 1999. "Overreaction in the Hong Kong stock market," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 223-230.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.