Shelf Registration and the Reduced Due Diligence Argument: Implications of the Underwriter Certification and the Implicit Insurance Hypotheses
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 25 (1990)
Issue (Month): 02 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yeoman, John C., 2001. "The optimal spread and offering price for underwritten securities," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 169-198, October.
- Cornett, Marcia Millon & Davidson, Wallace III & Rangan, Nanda, 1996. "Deregulation in investment banking: Industry concentration following Rule 415," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 85-113, January.
- Endo, Tadashi, 2008. "Broadening the offering choice of corporate bonds in emerging markets : cost-effective access to debt capital," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4655, The World Bank.
- Nont Dhiensiri & Akin Sayrak, 2010. "The value impact of analyst coverage," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(3), pages 306-331, August.
- Autore, Don M. & Kumar, Raman & Shome, Dilip K., 2008. "The revival of shelf-registered corporate equity offerings," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 32-50, February.
- Ari Pandes, J., 2010. "Bought deals: The value of underwriter certification in seasoned equity offerings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1576-1589, July.
- Autore, Don M. & Billingsley, Randall S. & Schneller, Meir I., 2009. "Information uncertainty and auditor reputation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 183-192, February.
- Zhaoxia Xu, 2007. "Do Firms Adjust Toward a Target Leverage Level?," Working Papers 07-50, Bank of Canada.
- Roten, Ivan C. & Mullineaux, Donald J., 2002. "Debt underwriting by commercial bank-affiliated firms and investment banks: More evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 689-718, April.
- Krishnaswami, Sudha & Subramaniam, Venkat, 1999. "Information asymmetry, valuation, and the corporate spin-off decision," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 73-112, July.
- Covitz, Daniel M. & Harrison, Paul, 2004. "Do banks time bond issuance to trigger disclosure, due diligence, and investor scrutiny?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 299-323, July.
- Heng An & William Hardin & Zhonghua Wu, 2012. "Information Asymmetry and Corporate Liquidity Management: Evidence from Real Estate Investment Trusts," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 678-704, October.
- Santos, Joao A.C., 2006. "Why firm access to the bond market differs over the business cycle: A theory and some evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 2715-2736, October.
- Daniel M. Covitz & Paul Harrison, 2003. "Do banks strategically time public bond issuance because of the accompanying disclosure, due diligence, and investor scrutiny?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-37, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Partha Gangopadhyay & Ken Yook & Yoon Shin, 2014. "Insider trading and firm-specific return volatility," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 1-19, July.
- B[oslash]hren, [Oslash]yvind & Eckbo, B. Espen & Michalsen, Dag, 1997. "Why underwrite rights offerings? Some new evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 223-261, November.
- Manos, Ronny & Murinde, Victor & Green, Christopher J., 2012. "Dividend policy and business groups: Evidence from Indian firms," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 42-56.
- Numata, Shingo & Takeda, Fumiko, 2010. "Stock market reactions to audit failure in Japan: The case of Kanebo and ChuoAoyama," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 175-199, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.