Immunizing Default-Free Bond Portfolios with a Duration Vector
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 23 (1988)
Issue (Month): 01 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alina Kondratiuk-Janyska & Marek Kaluszka, 2009. "On new immunization strategies under random shocks on the term structure of interest rates," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management, vol. 1, pages 91-101.
- Osborne, Michael J., 2005. "On the computation of a formula for the duration of a bond that yields precise results," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 161-183, February.
- Francis X. Diebold & Lei Ji & Canlin Li, 2006. "A Three-Factor Yield Curve Model: Non-Affine Structure, Systematic Risk Sources, and Generalized Duration," PIER Working Paper Archive 06-017, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Nawalkha, Sanjay K., 1995. "The duration vector: A continuous-time extension to default-free interest rate contingent claims," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1359-1366, November.
- Soto, Gloria M., 2001. "Immunization derived from a polynomial duration vector in the Spanish bond market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1037-1057, June.
- Ventura Bravo, Jorge Miguel & Pereira da Silva, Carlos Manuel, 2006. "Immunization using a stochastic-process independent multi-factor model: The Portuguese experience," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 133-156, January.
- Ghezzi, Luca Luigi, 1999. "A maxmin policy for bond management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 389-394, April.
- Eliseo Navarro & Juan M. Nave, 1997. "A two-factor duration model for interest rate risk management," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 21(1), pages 55-74, January.
- Balbas, Alejandro & Ibanez, Alfredo & Lopez, Susana, 2002. "Dispersion measures as immunization risk measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1229-1244, June.
- Soto, Gloria M., 2004. "Duration models and IRR management: A question of dimensions?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 1089-1110, May.
- Jacoby, Gady & Roberts, Gordon S., 2003. "Default- and call-adjusted duration for corporate bonds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2297-2321, December.
- Nawalkha, Sanjay K. & Soto, Gloria M. & Zhang, Jun, 2003. "Generalized M-vector models for hedging interest rate risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1581-1604, August.
- Alejandro Balbas & Esperanza H. Montagut & Maria Jose Perez Fructuoso, 2004. "Hedging bond portfolios versus infinitely many ranked factors of risk," Business Economics Working Papers wb043312, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Balbas, Alejandro & Ibanez, Alfredo, 1998. "When can you immunize a bond portfolio?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(12), pages 1571-1595, December.
- Lesseig, Vance P. & Stock, Duane, 2000. "Impact of Correlation of Asset Value and Interest Rates upon Duration and Convexity of Risky Debt," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 289-301, September.
- Barber, Joel R. & Copper, Mark L., 1998. "A minimax risk strategy for portfolio immunization," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 173-177, November.
- Carcano, Nicola & Dall'O, Hakim, 2011. "Alternative models for hedging yield curve risk: An empirical comparison," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 2991-3000, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.