Price Changes of Related Securities: The Case of Call Options and Stocks
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 22 (1987)
Issue (Month): 01 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muravyev, Dmitriy & Pearson, Neil D. & Paul Broussard, John, 2013. "Is there price discovery in equity options?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 259-283.
- Li, Ming-Yuan Leon, 2008. "Clarifying the dynamics of the relationship between option and stock markets using the threshold vector error correction model," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 511-520.
- Geppert, Gero & Kamerschen, David R., 2008. "The effect of mergers on implied volatility of equity options," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 330-344.
- Butler, J. S. & Schachter, Barry, 1996. "The statistical properties of parameters inferred from the black-scholes formula," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 223-235.
- Hu, Jianfeng, 2014. "Does option trading convey stock price information?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(3), pages 625-645.
- Byeong-Je An & Andrew Ang & Turan G. Bali & Nusret Cakici, 2013. "The Joint Cross Section of Stocks and Options," NBER Working Papers 19590, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maxime Charlebois & Stephen Sapp, 2007. "Temporal Patterns in Foreign Exchange Returns and Options," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 39(2-3), pages 443-470, 03.
- Faff, Robert & Hillier, David, 2005. "Complete markets, informed trading and equity option introductions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1359-1384, June.
- Rafiqul Bhuyan, 2002. "Information, Alternative Markets, and Security Price Processes: A Survey of Literature," Finance 0211002, EconWPA.
- P. L. Varson & M. J. P. Selby, 1997. "Option prices as predictors of stock prices: intraday adjustments to information releases," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 49-72.
- Engle, Robert F, 1999.
"Modeling the Impacts of Market Activity on Bid-Ask Spreads in the Option Market,"
University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series
qt6rp7g17q, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Young-Hye Cho & Robert F. Engle, 1999. "Modeling the Impacts of Market Activity on Bid-Ask Spreads in the Option Market," NBER Working Papers 7331, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clements, Marcus & Singh, Harminder, 2011. "An analysis of trading in target stocks before successful takeover announcements," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Atilgan, Yigit, 2014. "Volatility spreads and earnings announcement returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 205-215.
- Nam, Seung Oh & Oh, SeungYoung & Kim, Hyun Kyung, 2008. "The time difference effect of a measurement unit in the lead-lag relationship analysis of Korean financial market," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 259-273.
- Benjamin Blau & Chip Wade, 2013. "Comparing the information in short sales and put options," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 567-583, October.
- Nam, Seung Oh & Oh, SeungYoung & Kim, Hyun Kyung & Kim, Byung Chun, 2006. "An empirical analysis of the price discovery and the pricing bias in the KOSPI 200 stock index derivatives markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 398-414.
- Michael Boluch & Trevor Chamberlain, 1997. "Option volume and stock price behavior: Some evidence from the Chicago board options exchange," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 25(4), pages 358-370, December.
- Kwan, Simon H., 1996. "Firm-specific information and the correlation between individual stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 63-80, January.
- Nidhi Aggarwal & Susan Thomas, 2011. "When do stock futures dominate price discovery," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2011-016, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Zebedee, Allan A. & Kasch-Haroutounian, Maria, 2009. "A closer look at co-movements among stock returns," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 279-294, July.
- Turkington, Joshua & Walsh, David, 2000. "Informed traders and their market preference: Empirical evidence from prices and volumes of options and stock," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(5), pages 559-585, October.
- Kang, Jangkoo & Park, Hyoung-Jin, 2008. "The information content of net buying pressure: Evidence from the KOSPI 200 index option market," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 36-56, February.
- Chng, Michael & Gannon, Gerard, 2003. "Contemporaneous intraday volume, option, and futures volatility transmissions across parallel markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 49-68.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.