Valuation by Approximation: A Comparison of Alternative Option Valuation Techniques
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 20 (1985)
Issue (Month): 01 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cecilia Maya Ochoa, 2004. "Monte Carlo Option Pricing," Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 61, pages 53-70, Julio-Dic.
- Saman Majd & Robert S. Pindyck, 1987.
"Time to Build, Option Value, and Investment Decisions,"
NBER Working Papers
1654, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Majd, Saman & Pindyck, Robert S., 1987. "Time to build, option value, and investment decisions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 7-27, March.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1991.
"Irreversibility, Uncertainty, and Investment,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 29(3), pages 1110-48, September.
- Pindyck, Robert, 1989. "Irreversibility, uncertainty, and investment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 294, The World Bank.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1991. "Irreversibility, Uncertainty, and Investment," NBER Working Papers 3307, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1990. "Irreversibility, uncertainty, and investment," Working papers 3137-90., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Bellalah, Mondher, 2000. "Le choix des investissements et les options réelles : une revue de la littérature," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/9845, Paris Dauphine University.
- Bastian Felix, 2012. "Gas Storage Valuation: A Comparative Simulation Study," EWL Working Papers 1201, University of Duisburg-Essen, Chair for Management Science and Energy Economics, revised Jun 2012.
- Andrea Gavosto & Guido Ponte & Carla Scaglioni, 2007. "Investment in Next Generation Networks and the Role of Regulation: A Real Option Approach," Working Papers Department of Economics 2007/31, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Chung, Y. Peter & Johnson, Herb, 2011. "Extendible options: The general case," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 15-20, March.
- Feurstein, Markus & Natter, Martin, 2000. "Fast high precision decision rules for valuing manufacturing flexibility," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 108-117, January.
- Mulinacci, Sabrina, 1996. "An approximation of American option prices in a jump-diffusion model," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 1-17, March.
- Maza, Arantza Murillas, 2004. "Common Property Under Management Flexibility: Valuation, Optimal Exploitation, And Regulation," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 19(2).
- Murillas Maza, Arantza, 2000. "Uncertainty and Real Options. Investment and Development of Fishing Resources (II)," BILTOKI 2000-02, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majd, Saman., 1983. "Calculating abandonment value using option pricing theory," Working papers 1462-83., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Gerald Buetow, Jr. & Joseph Albert, 1998. "The Pricing of Embedded Options in Real Estate Lease Contracts," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 15(3), pages 253-266.
- Mark Broadie & Jérôme B. Detemple, 1996. "Recent Advances in Numerical Methods for Pricing Derivative Securities," CIRANO Working Papers 96s-17, CIRANO.
- Lieu, Derming, 1997. "Estimation of empirical pricing equations for foreign-currency options: Econometric models vs. arbitrage-free models," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 259-286.
- Marc Chesney & Jean Lefoll, 1996. "Predicting premature exercise of an American put on stocks: theory and empirical evidence," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 21-39.
- Jeffrey MacKie-Mason, 1988. "Nonlinear Taxation of Risky Assets and Investment, With Application to Mining," NBER Working Papers 2631, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Trigeorgis, Lenos, 1996. "Evaluating leases with complex operating options," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 315-329, June.
- Randall J. Pozdena & Ben Iben, 1984. "Pricing mortgages: an options approach," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Spr, pages 39-55.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.