Lifting the Lid on Closed-End Investment Companies: A Case of Abnormal Returns
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 20 (1985)
Issue (Month): 01 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- De Long, J Bradford & Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers & Robert J. Waldmann, 1990.
"Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 703-38, August.
- De Long, J. Bradford & Shleifer, Andrei & Summers, Lawrence H. & Waldmann, Robert J., 1990. "Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets," Scholarly Articles 3725552, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- J. Bradford De Long & Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers & Robert J. Waldmann, . "Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets," J. Bradford De Long's Working Papers _124, University of California at Berkeley, Economics Department.
- Lahr, Henry & Kaserer, Christoph, 2009. "Net asset value discounts in listed private equity funds," CEFS Working Paper Series 2009-12, Center for Entrepreneurial and Financial Studies (CEFS), Technische Universität München.
- Datar, Vinay, 2001. "Impact of liquidity on premia/discounts in closed-end funds," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 119-135.
- Reichert, Carolyn & Timmons, J. Douglas, 1998. "Closed-End Investment Companies: Historic Returns and Investment Strategies," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 83-93.
- Ian Fraser & Heather Tarbert & Kai Hong Tee, 2005. "An empirical study of the impact of financial reporting disclosures on UK investment trusts," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(11), pages 803-807.
- Philipp Kellerhals, B. & Schobel, Rainer, 2002. "The dynamic behavior of closed-end funds and its implication for pricing, forecasting, and trading," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 1615-1643, August.
- Kim, Doseong & Kim, Yura & Song, Kyojik Roy, 2013. "Payout policies on U.S. closed-end funds," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 345-356.
- Johnson, Shane A. & Lin, Ji-Chai & Roy Song, Kyojik, 2006. "Dividend policy, signaling, and discounts on closed-end funds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 539-562, September.
- Chen, Li-Wen & Johnson, Shane A. & Lin, Ji-Chai & Liu, Yu-Jane, 2009. "Information, sophistication, and foreign versus domestic investors' performance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1636-1651, September.
- Flynn, Sean M., 2005.
"Noise-trading, Costly Arbitrage, and Asset Prices: Evidence from US Closed-end Funds,"
Vassar College Department of Economics Working Paper Series
71, Vassar College Department of Economics.
- Flynn, Sean Masaki, 2012. "Noise-trading, costly arbitrage, and asset prices: Evidence from US closed-end funds," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 108-125.
- Bradley, Michael & Brav, Alon & Goldstein, Itay & Jiang, Wei, 2010. "Activist arbitrage: A study of open-ending attempts of closed-end funds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Flynn, Sean M., 2005. "Sentiment and the Interpretation of News about Fundamentals," Vassar College Department of Economics Working Paper Series 72, Vassar College Department of Economics.
- Kim, Jang-Chul & Song, Kyojik "Roy", 2010. "Investment barriers and premiums on closed-end country funds," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 615-626, October.
- Severn, Alan K., 1998. "Closed-end funds and sentiment risk," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 103-119.
- Emmanouil Mavrakis, 2011. "Abnormal Returns on CEFs and in Pre-and-Post-Credit-Crunch Periods," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(4), pages 55-70.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.