The Optimal Number of Securities in a Risky Asset Portfolio When There Are Fixed Costs of Transacting: Theory and Some Empirical Results
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 10 (1975)
Issue (Month): 03 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Allen, Franklin & Santomero, Anthony M., 1997.
"The theory of financial intermediation,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(11-12), pages 1461-1485, December.
- Yunker, James A. & Melkumian, Alla A., 2010. "The effect of capital wealth on optimal diversification: Evidence from the Survey of Consumer Finances," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 90-98, February.
- Panagiotis Xidonas & George Mavrotas & John Psarras, 2010. "Equity portfolio construction and selection using multiobjective mathematical programming," Journal of Global Optimization, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 185-209, June.
- Huang, Jennifer & Wang, Jiang, 2010. "Market liquidity, asset prices, and welfare," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 107-127, January.
- Suleyman Basak & Dmitry Makarov, 2013. "Competition among Portfolio Managers and Asset Specialization," Working Papers w0194, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- David Morton de Lachapelle & Damien Challet, 2009. "Turnover, account value and diversification of real traders: evidence of collective portfolio optimizing behavior," Papers 0912.4723, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2010.
- Kwan, Clarence C. Y., 1997. "Portfolio selection under institutional procedures for short selling: Normative and market-equilibrium considerations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 369-391, March.
- Guiso, Luigi & Sodini, Paolo, 2012.
"Household Finance: An Emerging Field,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8934, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tarrazo, Manuel, 1997. "An application of fuzzy set theory to the individual investor problem," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 97-107.
- Arie Kapteyn & Federica Teppa, 2009.
"Subjective Measures of Risk Aversion, Fixed Costs, and Portfolio Choice,"
DNB Working Papers
216, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Kapteyn, Arie & Teppa, Federica, 2011. "Subjective measures of risk aversion, fixed costs, and portfolio choice," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 564-580, August.
- Sankaran, Jayaram K. & Patil, Ajay A., 1999. "On the optimal selection of portfolios under limited diversification," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(11), pages 1655-1666, November.
- King, Mervyn A. & Leape, Jonathan I., 1998. "Wealth and portfolio composition: Theory and evidence," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 155-193, June.
- Holmes, Marionette & Park, Timothy A., 2001. "Modeling Financial Asset Demands Of Small Agribusiness Firms: A Portfolio Theory Approach," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20461, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Campanale, Claudio, 2009. "Life-cycle portfolio choice: The role of heterogeneous under-diversification," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1682-1698, September.
- Cheng, Ping & Lin, Zhenguo & Liu, Yingchun, 2010. "Illiquidity, transaction cost, and optimal holding period for real estate: Theory and application," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 109-118, June.
- Mervyn A. King & Jonathan I. Leape, 1984. "Wealth and Portfolio Composition: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 1468, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claudio Campanale, 2008. "Life-Cycle Portfolio Choice: The Role of Heterogeneity and Under-diversification," Working Papers. Serie AD 2008-06, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Kim, Youngsoo & Lee, Bong Soo, 2007. "Limited participation and the closed-end fund discount," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 381-399, February.
- Hong, Harrison & Torous, Walter & Valkanov, Rossen, 2002. "Do Industries Lead the Stock Market? Gradual Diffusion of Information and Cross-Asset Return Predictability," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt6x49x543, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Hong, Harrison & Torous, Walter & Valkanov, Rossen, 2007. "Do industries lead stock markets?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 367-396, February.
- Xidonas, Panagiotis & Mavrotas, George & Zopounidis, Constantin & Psarras, John, 2011. "IPSSIS: An integrated multicriteria decision support system for equity portfolio construction and selection," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 210(2), pages 398-409, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.