Fiscal Centralization, Limited Government, and Public Revenues in Europe, 1650–1913
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal The Journal of Economic History.
Volume (Year): 69 (2009)
Issue (Month): 01 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEHProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter H. Lindert, 2008. "Kenneth Sokoloff on Inequality in the Americas," NBER Chapters, in: Understanding Long-Run Economic Growth: Geography, Institutions, and the Knowledge Economy, pages 363-372 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kim Oosterlinck & Loredana Ureche-Rangau & Jacques-Marie Vaslin, 2013.
"Waterloo: a Godsend for French Public Finances?,"
Working Papers CEB
13-028, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Anderson, R. Warren & Johnson, Noel D & Koyama, Mark, 2013. "From the Persecuting to the Protective State? Jewish Expulsions and Weather Shocks from 1100 to 1800," MPRA Paper 44228, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gennaioli, Nicola & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2011.
"State Capacity and Military Conflict,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8699, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Joachim Voth, 2011. "State capacity and military conflict," Economics Working Papers 1294, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Oct 2013.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2013. "State Capacity and Military Conflict," Working Papers 593, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Kim Oosterlinck, 2013. "Sovereign debt defaults: insights from history," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(4), pages 697-714, WINTER.
- David Chilosi, 2013. "Risky institutions: political regimes and the cost of public borrowing in early modern Italy," Economic History Working Papers 50815, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Peter H. Lindert, 2009. "Revealing Failures in the History of School Finance," NBER Working Papers 15491, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dincecco, Mark & Prado, Mauricio, 2012.
"Warfare, Fiscal Capacity, and Performance,"
39264, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cingolani, Luciana, 2013. "The State of State Capacity: a review of concepts, evidence and measures," MERIT Working Papers 053, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Johnson, Noel D & Koyama, Mark, 2011. "Taxes, lawyers, and the decline of witch trials in France," MPRA Paper 34266, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luis Angeles, 2011.
"Institutions, Property Rights, and Economic Development in Historical Perspective,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(2), pages 157-177, 05.
- Angeles, Luis, 2011. "Institutions, Property Rights, and Economic Development in Historical Perspective," SIRE Discussion Papers 2011-08, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Luis Angeles, 2011. "Institutions, property rights, and economic development in historical perspective," Working Papers 2011_03, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- K. Kivanç Karaman & Sevket Pamuk, 2011.
"Different Paths to the Modern State in Europe: The interaction between domestic political economy and interstate competition,"
LEQS â LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series
37, European Institute, LSE.
- K. Kivanç Karaman & Sevket Pamuk, 2011. "Different Paths to the Modern State in Europe: The interaction between domestic political economy and interstate competition," Europe in Question Discussion Paper Series of the London School of Economics (LEQs) 7, London School of Economics / European Institute.
- Noel D., Johnson & Mark, Koyama, 2012. "Standardizing the fiscal state: cabal tax farming as an Intermediate Institution in early-modern England and France," MPRA Paper 40403, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- K. Kývanç Karaman & Þevket Pamuk, 2009. "Ottoman State Finances in Comparative European Perspective, 1500-1914," Working Papers 2009/05, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Cox, Gary W., 2012. "Was the Glorious Revolution a Constitutional Watershed?," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 72(03), pages 567-600, September.
- Massimiliano Gaetano Onorato & Kenneth Scheve & David Stasavage, 2012. "Technology and the Era of the Mass Army," Working Papers 5/2012, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, revised Nov 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.