Federal Policy, Banking Market Structure, and Capital Mobilization in the United States, 1863–1913
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal The Journal of Economic History.
Volume (Year): 29 (1969)
Issue (Month): 04 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEHProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grossman, Richard S., 2007. "Fear and greed: The evolution of double liability in American banking, 1865-1930," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 59-80, January.
- Cyril Monnet & Erwan Quintin, 2004.
"Why do financial systems differ? History matters,"
Center for Latin America Working Papers
0304, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Cyril Monnet & Erwan Quintin, 2005. "Why do financial systems differ? History matters," 2005 Meeting Papers 275, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Monnet, Cyril & Quintin, Erwan, 2005. "Why do financial systems differ? History matters," Working Paper Series, European Central Bank 0442, European Central Bank.
- Bignon, V. & Breton, R. & Rojas Breu, M., 2013.
"Currency Union with and without Banking Union,"
Working papers, Banque de France
450, Banque de France.
- Calomiris, Charles W. & Carlson, Mark A., 2014. "National Bank Examinations and Operations in the Early 1890s," Finance and Economics Discussion Series, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.) 2014-19, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rousseau, Peter L., 1998. "The permanent effects of innovation on financial depth:: Theory and US historical evidence from unobservable components models," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 387-425, July.
- Grossman, Richard S. & Imai, Masami, 2008. "The evolution of a national banking market in pre-war Japan," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 17-29, January.
- Mitchener, Kris James, 2014. "The Evolution of Bank Supervision: Evidence from U.S. States," CAGE Online Working Paper Series, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE) 181, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Eugene White & Howard Bodenhorn, 2014.
"The Evolution Of Bank Boards Of Directors In New York, 1840-1950,"
Departmental Working Papers, Rutgers University, Department of Economics
201404, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Howard Bodenhorn & Eugene N. White, 2014. "The Evolution of Bank Boards of Directors in New York, 1840–1950," NBER Chapters, in: Enterprising America: Businesses, Banks, and Credit Markets in Historical Perspective National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Howard Bodenhorn & Eugene N. White, 2014. "The Evolution of Bank Boards of Directors in New York, 1840-1950," NBER Working Papers 20078, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Rodney Ramcharan, 2011.
"Land and Credit: A Study of the Political Economy of Banking in the United States in the Early 20th Century,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association,
American Finance Association, vol. 66(6), pages 1895-1931, December.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Rodney Ramcharan, 2009. "Land and Credit: A Study of the Political Economy of Banking in the United States in the Early 20th Century," NBER Working Papers 15083, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Landon-Lane, John & Rockoff, Hugh, 2007. "The origin and diffusion of shocks to regional interest rates in the United States, 1880-2002," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 487-500, July.
- Peter L. Rousseau, 2013. "Politics on the road to the U.S. monetary union," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 13-00006, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Stephen Haber & Enrico Perotti, 2008. "The Political Economy of Financial Systems," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-045/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Matthew S. Jaremski, 2013. "National Banking's Role in U.S. Industrialization, 1850-1900," NBER Working Papers 18789, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Goodwin, Barry K. & Grennes, Thomas J. & Craig, Lee A., 2002. "Mechanical Refrigeration and the Integration of Perishable Commodity Markets," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 154-182, April.
- Gendreau, Brian C., 1999. "Risk Structure of Postbellum U.S. Deposit Rates," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 409-427, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.