AbstractIn this paper we propose a time-varying vector error correction model in which the cointegrating relationship varies smoothly over time. The Johansen setup is a special case of our model. A likelihood ratio test for time-invariant cointegration is defined and its asymptotic chi-square distribution is derived. We apply our test to the purchasing power parity hypothesis of international prices and nominal exchange rates, and we find evidence of time-varying cointegration.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Econometric Theory.
Volume (Year): 26 (2010)
Issue (Month): 05 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECTProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Simwaka, Kisu, 2012. "Time varying fractional cointegration," MPRA Paper 39505, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vasco J. Gabriel & Luis F. Martins, 2010.
"Cointegration Tests Under Multiple Regime Shifts: An Application to the Stock Price-Dividend Relationship,"
NIPE Working Papers
28/2010, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Vasco Gabriel & Luis Martins, 2011. "Cointegration tests under multiple regime shifts: An application to the stock price–dividend relationship," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 639-662, December.
- Vasco Gabriel & Luis Martins, 2010. "Cointegration Tests under Multiple Regime Shifts: An Application to the Stock Price-Dividend Relationship," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0910, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Chen, Jing & Buckland, Roger & Williams, Julian, 2011. "Regulatory changes, market integration and spillover effects in the Chinese A, B and Hong Kong equity markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 351-373, September.
- Matteo Barigozzi & Antonio Conti, 2010. "On the Sources of Euro Area Money Demand Stability. A Time-Varying Cointegration Analysis," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2010-022, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Xianguo Huang & Roberto Leon-Gonzalez & Somrasri Yupho, 2012. "Financial Integration from a Time-Varying Cointegration Perspective," GRIPS Discussion Papers 12-07, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Chang-Jin Kim & Cheolbeom Park, 2012. "Disappearing Dividends: Implications for the Dividend-Price Ratio and Return Predictability," Discussion Paper Series 1205, Institute of Economic Research, Korea University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Rule).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.