On The Law Of Large Numbers For (Geometrically) Ergodic Markov Chains
AbstractFor use in asymptotic analysis of nonlinear time series models, we show that with (Xt,t 0) a (geometrically) ergodic Markov chain, the general version of the strong law of large numbers applies. That is, the average converges almost surely to the expectation of (Xt,Xt+1, ) irrespective of the choice of initial distribution of, or value of, X0. In the existing literature, the less general form has been studied.We thank Paolo Paruolo (the co-editor) and the referee for valuable comments. Also we thank the Danish Social Sciences Research Council (grant 2114-04-0001) for financial support.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Econometric Theory.
Volume (Year): 23 (2007)
Issue (Month): 04 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECTProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & Anders Rahbek & A.M.Robert Taylor, 2009.
"Co-integration Rank Testing under Conditional Heteroskedasticity,"
CREATES Research Papers
2009-22, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Cavaliere, Giuseppe & Rahbek, Anders & Taylor, A.M. Robert, 2010. "Cointegration Rank Testing Under Conditional Heteroskedasticity," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(06), pages 1719-1760, December.
- Kristensen, Dennis & Rahbek, Anders, 2010. "Likelihood-based inference for cointegration with nonlinear error-correction," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 158(1), pages 78-94, September.
- Theis Lange, 2009. "First and second order non-linear cointegration models," CREATES Research Papers 2009-04, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Anders Rahbek & Heino Bohn Nielsen, 2012. "Unit root vector autoregression with volatility induced stationarity," Discussion Papers 12-02, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Konstantinos Fokianos & Anders Rahbek & Dag Tjøstheim, 2009.
CREATES Research Papers
2009-12, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Frédérique Bec & Anders Rahbek & Neil Shephard, 2008.
"The ACR model: a multivariate dynamic mixture autoregression,"
THEMA Working Papers
2008-11, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Frédérique Bec & Anders Rahbek & Neil Shephard, 2008. "The ACR Model: A Multivariate Dynamic Mixture Autoregression," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(5), pages 583-618, October.
- Peter Boswijk, H. & van der Weide, Roy, 2011. "Method of moments estimation of GO-GARCH models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 163(1), pages 118-126, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.