Semiparametric Estimation Of Partially Linear Models For Dependent Data With Generated Regressors
AbstractIn this paper we consider the problem of estimating a semiparametric partially linear model for dependent data with generated regressors. This type of model comes naturally from various econometric models such as a semiparametric rational expectation model when the surprise term enters the model nonparametrically, or a semiparametric type-3 Tobit model when the error distributions are of unknown forms, or a semiparametric error correction model. Using the nonparametric kernel method and under primitive conditions, we show that the [square root]n-consistent estimation results of the finite-dimensional parameter in a partially linear model can be generalized to the case of generated regressors with weakly dependent data. The regularity conditions we use are quite weak, and they are similar to those used in Robinson (1988, Econometrica 56, 931 954) for independent and observed data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Econometric Theory.
Volume (Year): 18 (2002)
Issue (Month): 03 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECTProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andros Kourtellos & Thanasis Stengos & Chih Ming Tan, 2011.
"Structural Threshold Regression,"
University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics
13-2011, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Andros Kourtellos & Thanasis Stengos & Chih Ming Tan, 2009. "Structural Threshold Regression," Working Papers 0907, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Andros Kourtellos & Thanasis Stengos & Chih Ming Tan, 2009. "Structural Threshold Regression," Working Paper Series 22_09, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Jan 2009.
- Andros Kourtellos & Thanasis Stengos & Chih Ming Tan, 2011. "Structural Threshold Regression," Working Paper Series 49_11, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Andros Kourtellos & Thanasis Stengos & Chih Ming Tan, 2008. "Structural Threshold Regression," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0717, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Mealli, Fabrizia & Pacini, Barbara, 2008. "Comparing principal stratification and selection models in parametric causal inference with nonignorable missingness," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 507-516, December.
- Giulia BETTIN & Riccardo LUCCHETTI & Alberto ZAZZARO, 2011.
"Endogeneity and sample selection in a model for remittances,"
361, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Bettin, Giulia & Lucchetti, Riccardo & Zazzaro, Alberto, 2012. "Endogeneity and sample selection in a model for remittances," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 370-384.
- Insik Min & Sheng jang Sheu & Zijun Wang, 2003. "A Monte Carlo Comparison of Various Semiparametric Type-3 Tobit Estimators," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 4(1), pages 125-136, May.
- Mammen, Enno & Rothe, Christoph & Schienle, Melanie, 2011.
"Semiparametric Estimation with Generated Covariates,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6084, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Enno Mammen & Christoph Rothe & Melanie Schienle, 2011. "Semiparametric Estimation with Generated Covariates," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2011-064, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 8355.
- Kristensen, Dennis, 2009.
"Uniform Convergence Rates Of Kernel Estimators With Heterogeneous Dependent Data,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(05), pages 1433-1445, October.
- Dennis Kristensen, 2008. "Uniform Convergence Rates of Kernel Estimators with Heterogenous, Dependent Data," CREATES Research Papers 2008-37, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Lee, Myoung-jae & Vella, Francis, 2006. "A semi-parametric estimator for censored selection models with endogeneity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 235-252, February.
- Su, Liangjun & Ullah, Aman, 2008. "Local polynomial estimation of nonparametric simultaneous equations models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 144(1), pages 193-218, May.
- Nedeljković, Milan & Urošević, Branko, 2012. "Determinants of the Dinar-Euro Nominal Exchange Rate," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 121-141, September.
- Kamhon Kan & Chihwa Kao, 2005. "Simulation-Based Two-Step Estimation with Endogenous Regressors," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 76, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Milan Nedeljkovic & Branko Urosevic, 2011. "Determinants of the Dinar-Euro Nominal Exchange Rate," Working papers 18, National Bank of Serbia.
- Patrick Saart & Jiti Gao, 2012. "Semiparametric Methods in Nonlinear Time Series Analysis: A Selective Review," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 21/12, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Dennis Kristensen, 2009. "Semiparametric Modelling and Estimation: A Selective Overview," CREATES Research Papers 2009-44, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Gao, Jiti, 2007. "Nonlinear time series: semiparametric and nonparametric methods," MPRA Paper 39563, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2007.
- Maki, Daiki, 2003. "Nonparametric cointegration analysis of the nominal interest rate and expected inflation rate," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 349-354, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.