Central Limit And Functional Central Limit Theorems For Hilbert-Valued Dependent Heterogeneous Arrays With Applications
AbstractWe obtain new central limit theorems (CLT s) and functional central limit theorems (FCLT s) for Hilbert-valued arrays near epoch dependent on mixing processes, and also new FCLT s for general Hilbert-valued adapted dependent heterogeneous arrays. These theorems are useful in delivering asymptotic distributions for parametric and nonparametric estimators and their functionals in time series econometrics. We give three significant applications for near epoch dependent observations: (1) A new CLT for any plug-in estimator of a cumulative distribution function (c.d.f.) (e.g., an empirical c.d.f., or a c.d.f. estimator based on a kernel density estimator), which can in turn deliver distribution results for many Von Mises functionals; (2) a new limiting distribution result for degenerate U-statistics, which delivers distribution results for Bierens s integrated conditional moment tests; (3) a new functional central limit result for Hilbert-valued stochastic approximation procedures, which delivers distribution results for nonparametric recursive generalized method of moment estimators, including nonparametric adaptive learning models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Econometric Theory.
Volume (Year): 14 (1998)
Issue (Month): 02 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECTProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Escanciano, J. Carlos & Velasco, Carlos, 2006.
"Testing the martingale difference hypothesis using integrated regression functions,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 2278-2294, December.
- Juan Carlos Escanciano & Carlos Velasco, . "Testing the Martingale Difference Hypothesis Using Integrated Regression Functions," Faculty Working Papers 06/06, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 8355.
- Song, Kyungchul, 2010. "Testing semiparametric conditional moment restrictions using conditional martingale transforms," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 154(1), pages 74-84, January.
- Chen, Xiaohong & White, Halbert, 2002.
"Asymptotic Properties of Some Projection-based Robbins-Monro Procedures in a Hilbert Space,"
University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series
qt4z4380t7, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Chen Xiaohong & White Halbert, 2002. "Asymptotic Properties of Some Projection-based Robbins-Monro Procedures in a Hilbert Space," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-55, April.
- repec:ner:toulou:http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr/891/ is not listed on IDEAS
- Carrasco, Marine & Chernov, Mikhail & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Ghysels, Eric, 2007. "Efficient estimation of general dynamic models with a continuum of moment conditions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 529-573, October.
- Eric Ghysels & Jean-Pierre Florens & Mikhail Chernov & Marine Carrasco, 2003.
"Efficient Estimation of Jump Diffusions and General Dynamic Models with a Continuum of Moment Conditions,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Carrasco, Marine & Chernov, Mikhaël & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Ghysels, Eric, 2000. "Efficient Estimation of Jump Diffusions and General Dynamic Models with a Continuum of Moment Conditions," IDEI Working Papers 116, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 2002.
- Chen, Xiaohong & Fan, Yanqin, 1999. "Consistent hypothesis testing in semiparametric and nonparametric models for econometric time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 373-401, August.
- R. Anton Braun & Huiyu Li & John Stachurski, 2011. "Generalized Look-Ahead Methods for Computing Stationary Densities," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2011-558, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Kokoszka, Piotr & Reimherr, Matthew, 2013. "Asymptotic normality of the principal components of functional time series," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 123(5), pages 1546-1562.
- Dedecker, Jérôme & Merlevède, Florence, 2003. "The conditional central limit theorem in Hilbert spaces," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 229-262, December.
- Soltani, A.R. & Shishebor, Z. & Zamani, A., 2010. "Inference on periodograms of infinite dimensional discrete time periodically correlated processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 368-373, February.
- Escanciano, J. Carlos & Velasco, Carlos, 2006.
"Generalized spectral tests for the martingale difference hypothesis,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 151-185, September.
- J. Carlos Escanciano & Carlos Velasco, 2003. "Generalized Spectral Tests For The Martingale Difference Hypothesis," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws035212, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Shao, Xiaofeng, 2011. "A bootstrap-assisted spectral test of white noise under unknown dependence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 162(2), pages 213-224, June.
- Escanciano, Juan Carlos & Jacho-Chávez, David T., 2010. "Approximating the critical values of Cramér-von Mises tests in general parametric conditional specifications," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 625-636, March.
- Florens, Jean-Pierre & Simoni, Anna, 2012. "Nonparametric estimation of an instrumental regression: A quasi-Bayesian approach based on regularized posterior," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 170(2), pages 458-475.
- Mourid, Tahar & Bensmain, Nawel, 2006. "Sieves estimator of the operator of a functional autoregressive process," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 93-108, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.