Technological knowledge, institutions and property rights in Thorstein Veblen's thought
AbstractThe article suggests an interpretation of Veblen's approach of technological knowledge, which aims at identifying its foundations, nature and implications. In doing so, the article shows that the Veblenian approach of technological knowledge lies within a global framework that cannot fit into the frame of orthodox economics, as it built up at the beginning of the XXth century. This acknowledgement impedes the very possibility of a thorough dialogue between Veblen's system of thought and the contemporay developments of early neoclassical economics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by L'Harmattan in its journal Cahiers d'économie Politique.
Volume (Year): (2005)
Issue (Month): 48 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cahiersdecopo.fr/fr/
Postal: 142 rue du faubourg Saint-Martin. 75010 Paris, France.
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B15 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary
- B30 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - General
- B49 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Other
- E11 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Marxian; Sraffian; Institutional; Evolutionary
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlos Andrés Vasco Correa).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.