The Impact of Telecommunications Privatization in Peru on the Welfare of Urban Consumers
AbstractSpecifically, this paper analyzes how, in addition to the improvement in the performance of the firm and the quality of service, the privatization of the telecommunications industry in Peru led to price changes that had an impact on consumer welfare and that may be correlated with the negative public opinion of the privatization process.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by LACEA - LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION in its journal JOURNAL OF LACEA ECONOMIA.
Volume (Year): (2003)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
privatization; telecommunications; public opinion; Peru;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H42 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Private Goods
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
- L38 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Public Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alberto Chong & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes, 2003.
"The Truth About Privatization in Latin America,"
Research Department Publications
3180, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Sebastian Galiani & Federico Sturzenegger, 2008. "The Impact of Privatization on the Earnings of Restructured Workers: Evidence From the Oil Industry," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 162-176, June.
- Sebastián Galiani and Federico Sturzenegger, . "The Impact of Privatization on the Earnings of Restructured Workers," Business School Working Papers longterm, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Luis A. Andrés & J. Luis Guasch & Thomas Haven & Vivien Foster, 2008. "The Impact of Private Sector Participation in Infrastructure : Lights, Shadows, and the Road Ahead," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6545, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roberto Bernal).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.